Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s three Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are looking to hire a senior project leader with a balance of technical, commercial and management skills to lead the integrated construction management of Venture Global LNG’s second proposed LNG export facility, located in Plaquemines Parish, LA. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record executing energy mega projects on time and within budget with a consistent focus on quality control and regulatory compliance
- Responsible for overall project execution, including monitoring project schedules, work assignments and budgets.
- Direct all project phases – engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning/start-up.
- Develop project-specific risk management plans and proactively manage technical and commercial risk throughout the project execution lifecycle so as to minimize company exposure.
- Develop financial plans and validate project estimates
- Interface with FERC and associated authorities
- Develop staffing plans for preparedness throughout all project stages from inception to completion
- Develop operational and maintenance strategies to ensure system reliability and integrity while striving to reduce operating expenses and increase efficiencies
- Coordinate internally with other project leaders to prioritize resources and carefully manage coordination of costs, change orders, and risks as appropriate.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or another related field
- Ten or more years of work-related LNG experience in the Oil & Gas and/or Power industry
- Demonstration of successful performance as project manager on a minimum of two (2) medium to large sized projects or multiple project assignments in a significant role on large to very large sized construction projects
- Demonstrated ability to understand a demanding, technical and complicated construction project; and the ability to communicate progress and issues to a technical- and management-level audience
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry regulations and standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of project controls and finance.
- FERC experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience providing construction management support and managing subconsultants
- Strong analytical, leadership, and negotiation skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues to a non-technical audience
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.