Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a senior leader to join us as an Engineering Manager. The Engineering Manager is responsible for management of discrete engineering disciplines and the support of the project objectives. This position will be located in Cameron, LA.
- Lead engineering design, scope refinement, cost estimating, development of project design specifications, and support construction
- Oversee project activities of third party project managers, engineers, construction managers, inspectors, and contractors
- Influence decisions that improve reliability and operability, reduce operating costs, and create a sustainable competitive advantage
- Translate project plans into coherent, credible, realistic project schedules
- Specifying equipment and major materials for procurement
- Providing in the field construction assistance
- Understand industry standards, applicable regulatory codes and requirements, and company standards
- Single point accountability for the technical execution and related aspects to achieve project objectives and business intent
- Ensure overall project technical quality and conformance to plan (scope, budget & schedule).
- Support Change Management functions, Value Improvement Practices, Bid Evaluations, Process and Implementation studies
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of twelve years combined experience in Design, Commissioning, or Operations of Cryogenic Processes
- Minimum of five years multi-discipline engineering management experience
- Experience in LNG liquefaction facilities highly preferred
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work within project deadlines, and adjust as priorities changes occur
- Possess the ability to mentor others through technical training and guidance on planning, scheduling, and engineering subjects
- Have the ability to read and interpret engineer drawings to include P&IDs, PFDs, C&Es, One Line Diagrams, Isometrics, and Civil/Structural drawings
- Broad knowledge of Codes, Standards, and Industry Best Practices
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have advanced computer experience with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Projects, PowerPoint, and Excel
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.