Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
The Calcasieu Pass Facility has an inside-the-fence combined-cycle gas-turbine (CCGT) power plant (~720 MW) consisting of GE 7EAs that will use feed-gas together with the boil off gas, HRSG and A200 steam turbines to produce the power required to drive the electric motors of the liquefiers. Our “5 on 2” gas turbine to steam turbine configuration allows for significant flexibility for maintenance or down times, allowing the facility to have extremely high availability for production. There will also be one aeroderivate gas turbine for startup and peaking needs.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Shift Supervisor – Power Island.
The Shift Supervisor-Power Island reports to the Power Island Operations Director and is the focal point, on a shift basis, for the coordination and supervision of all activities involving the safe and effective operation of the Venture Global Calcasieu Pass Power Island. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for working with other Supervisors, Managers and Directors within the Operations & Maintenance departments to manage and optimize the LNG Liquefaction facility Power Island.
- Drive a proactive approach to safe plant operations, keeping alert for unsafe practices and conditions and ensuring corrective actions taken. Ensure facility operates within all permit requirements.
- Ensure that systems are in place and operable for effective emergency response and be responsible for first line incident control. Ensure all safety and environmental documentation is completed.
- Assist with the pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup and initial operation of the LNG Facility Power Island. This will include being a vital member of the integrated commissioning / start-up team(s) with the EPC contractor.
- Ensure economic and operational efficiency of plant, ensure the shift understands the plant business strategy and budget, and manages resources (staff and materials) within operational requirements and budgetary constraints with maximum focus on Power Island reliability.
- Oversee execution of production plan, communicating goals and deviations as necessary, coordinate with other departments on behalf of the operations team, coordinate internal information sharing such as shift change and shift logs.
- Maintain production and reliability targets to ensure maximizing of LNG plant throughput. Ensure all product quality specifications are met and develop methods and procedures to increase operating efficiency.
- Ensure the plant operates within the operating envelope, ensure proper transfer of ownership of equipment between Operations and Maintenance, and determine and prioritize maintenance requirements and write associated work orders.
- Provide technical support to problem solving activities during the shift and ensure reliability issues are identified and properly communicated to the appropriate department.
- Supervise the activities of all shift operators; develop individual performance improvement plans with operators and formal training and development requirements. Provide informal mentoring and instruction, conduct annual performance reviews, and hold individuals accountable for performance and behavior.
- Participate in daily strategy planning with Production management and work to overcome the limitations and deficiencies to assure targets are met.
- Incident Command and emergency management on off hours.
- Participate in various reviews during the Engineering and Design Phases, such as HAZOPs, 3D model, P & ID, and siting reviews.
- Participates in and/or lead the Operating procedure and manual development process.
- Participate in and/or lead the development of Operations training program. Once completed, a key aspect of this program will be to act as a mentor by providing the trainee with meaningful job assignments, on the job training, and progress monitoring.
- Education and Certifications: Associates Degree, Military training or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Ten (10) years experience, of which Five (5) have been in a supervisory capacity in operations of CCGT, GE 7EA, HRSG and A200 steam turbine preferred. Commissioning, startup and operations in Oil & Gas, petrochemical or Independent Power Producer (IPP) facility experience desired.
- Strong leadership and administrative abilities are required.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to operate and maintain the Power Island of Liquefaction production facilities.
- Possess the ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with management, peers and the various facility level workers whom are all responsible for ensuring operational excellence.
- Organized, planning skills, able to manage multiple activities and programs in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status
- Shift Operators & Permit Coordinators
Freedom To Act:
- Shift Operators requires minimal supervision
- Job is performed in an industrial plant environment.
- Limited travel and temporary assignment required as business conditions dictate.
- Subject to drug & alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Venture Global LNG.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, work at height above ground on stairs and catwalks, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear, smell, type and write.
- Must be able to board a ship via a gangway, climb to the top of a tank (200+ steps), scale vertical steel ladder up to forty feet or more in height and lift and move objects weighting up to 30 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work indoors & outdoors, and be exposed to year-around weather conditions, ocean environment, and noise. There is a considerable amount of outdoor activities involved.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required to pass regularly scheduled physical examinations mandated by regulatory authorities.
- Required to obtain mandated certification by attending Company-sponsored training in basic first aid, CPR, AED & LNG firefighting.
ADA Job Requirements:
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee's performance due to physical, mental or emotional disability.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.