Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
The IT Project Director develops, implements and maintains the tools and systems utilized by the teams supporting our LNG plants. This person will complete feasibility studies, select solutions, and design and implement business-driven technology applications and tools. He or she will have project management responsibility, including financial/budget management and control of project costs. He or she will manage the scope, design, development and implementation of applications, software components and tools that integrate into our existing business systems. The IT Project Director will ensure projects are delivered on schedule, on budget and meet quality standards.
- Manages project(s) for the acquisition or development of software components or computer application systems and their implementation
- Manages vendors/contractors to assure they deliver the value and services as contracted
- Ensures projects are delivered on time, on budget and with high quality
- Provides work direction and guidance to members of the Project Team - personnel from business and IT
- Plans team resource needs and works closely with other managers to set clear expectations and roles for project team members.
- Participates in process and technology re-engineering
- Analyzes and recommends implementation options
- Provides business and technical integration across all related business activities
- Communicates plans, statuses and issues to the leadership team
- Serves as system administrator post implementation
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business, computer science, or management information systems
- 7 or more years of professional experience solving business problems with technology solutions at a LNG facility
- Experience in application development encompassing the following:
- Successful development and implementation of SAP Asset Management
- Successful development and implementation of an ADP (Annual Delivery Plan) management system
- Demonstrated competency in project management and execution of multiple or larger projects
- Demonstrated successful development and implementation of new work processes or process improvements.
- Experience working with stakeholders to develop solutions to complex business problems.
- Ability to recommend, design and implement technology solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Strong leadership skills directing technical professionals
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and system design skills
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.