Information about Alumni Ventures Group
Alumni Ventures Group creates and manages alumni venture capital funds. Our funds are private, for profit, and not affiliated with their respective university. Our funds are based on a simple idea: alums do better investing together than alone. We have successful annual funds for alums at Dartmouth, Harvard, Yale, MIT, the University of Pennsylvania, Northwestern, the University of Wisconsin, Stanford, UC Berkeley, Cornell and Columbia—and are adding new funds once a quarter.
We offer investors a large, diverse venture portfolio where they back the companies of fellow alumni and co-invest alongside smart, professional VCs.
We believe we do better investing together than we can alone.
Information about the Fellow role
We are building the Venture Fellow Program for and with the brightest young minds in entrepreneurship and Venture Capital in the country.
The Venture Fellow Program provides alumni of our universities exposure to venture capital. It is an educational opportunity that makes a meaningful impact on career acceleration and trajectory. You will experience the entire lifecycle of a venture fund: raising capital, investor relations, deal sourcing, diligence, and making investments.
No prior experience in venture capital is required. There is no financial cost to those who are selected to join the program.
The Venture Fellow Program is highly competitive. Fellows are the brightest minds from the nation’s top universities. They are the next generation of entrepreneurs and venture capitalists. Fellows receive professional training, ongoing and regularly scheduled mentorship, and a completely unique, hands-on venture capital experience. This kind of opportunity does not exist elsewhere.
Those selected are expected to fully commit to the program, work off deadlines and communicate effectively and promptly.
We strive to offer a number of tangible and intangible benefits and learning experiences for each fellow.
Learn Venture Capital
- Build your knowledge base with the Venture Fellow Academy
- Practice the skills on live deals
- Access to our team of veteran entrepreneurs/investors
Put VC on your resume/LNKD
- Extremely scarce opportunities in this field
- Get a leg up in your career development, foot in the door for industry
Transition Your Career to Venture Capital
- High value references to support your career next steps
- Custom On-Ramp Plan to help facilitate your transition
Amplified Professional development
- Real work experience and skill building
- Meaningful, impactful stories to tell in your next job interview
Access to Diligence Materials & Data Room
- Unprecedented peak behind the curtain into VC evaluations, decision making, Investment Committee and company call audio, etc.
- Monthly group fellow diligence reviews led by the deal teams
Our Rolodex is Your Rolodex.
- National peer network of rising stars of entrepreneurship
- Build your own alumni network while helping the fund
- Know who we know
What: A one-year, structured educational experience.
Fellows are the face of our funds. Fellows can expect to network and engage with successful alumni—Partners, CEOs, etc.—of industries relevant to VC. Specifically, fellows will:
- Introduce alumni to our funds and community
- Answer questions about our model & investment strategy
- Facilitate introductions between investors, entrepreneurs, and our deal team.
Fellows work directly with the deal teams on live investment opportunities. Dig into the skills of Venture investing.
- Research exciting new companies and technology
- Engage entrepreneurs via email, LinkedIn, phone and in-person
- Aid with the diligence and discussion of investment opportunities
When: When we launch a new fund, we bring on two Founding Fellows. We then add one new Fellow each quarter thereafter.
Where: Although the program is intentionally highly-structured, the work required can be done 100% remotely and 100% on your own schedule.
Learn More About the Venture Fellow Program Here