Venn is on a mission to help people everywhere feel a sense of belonging in their homes and neighborhoods. We build world-class technology platforms, physical and virtual spaces, and local programming and expertise that combine into our seamless “Neighborhood as a Service” offering. We’ve spent the past five years developing our model for maximum impact, and now we’re scaling globally.
The Engineering Team- Venn’s software engineers develop the tech products that power Venn’s Neighborhood Engagement Platform. The products range from mobile apps, management tools for landlords, smart home solutions, marketplaces and more.
The Technology- Our solution is built on top of cutting-edge technologies. We run everything on AWS and are mostly serverless. The server-side language of choice is Typescript on Node.js, and Federated GraphQL is our API layer. On the client-side we use React, React-Native and Remix(!!). We are big fans of automating everything and doing as little manual labor! CI/CD processes are running on CircleCI, we deploy infrastructure-as-code, and since we don’t have legacy code (well, almost...).
A partial list of the technologies & services we are using includes: AWS lambda, ECS, API Gateway, SNS, SQS, Postgres, Elasticache, GraphQL, Apollo Server, React, Serverless Framework, Terraform, and many more.
About the role
We are looking for developers who understand and believe in software engineering best practices (design, clean code, testing, code reviews, automation, etc) and who are also aware of bad practices and anti-patterns.
- 7+ years of programming experience, using TypeScript, Node.js, React
- Proven experience in developing web applications
- Strong analytical thinking, systematic problem-solving skills
- Have practiced Test-Driven Development and/or Continuous Integration & Delivery
- Experience in other languages and frameworks such as React native and GraphQL
- Worked on numerous projects in diverse business domains
- Experienced in cloud environment development
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
- Have contributed to, or managed an open-source project
Venn is an equal opportunity workplace. We believe in the strength of inclusive communities and thrive to build a work environment that mirrors the diversity of the cities that we love.