Venn (https://www.venn.city) is an urban development startup creating a new way of ‘neighboring’ in cities. Venn offers a neighborhood-wide network of homes, shared spaces, local business initiatives, and community engagement. Venn’s platform encourages urbanites to become active participants in the development of their community and enables developing neighborhoods to become as vibrant and desirable as the downtown core.
Founded in 2016 by people raised in the big city and in cooperative communities, Venn is a new movement of neighboring that impacts tens of thousands of people in three cities (New York, Berlin, and Tel Aviv). Venn recently announced their first $40M round from some of the world’s leading investors.
We are looking for the world’s best and brightest change makers to join our movement. If you believe city life can be done better, you thrive by taking ownership and driving results, and love making an impact then Venn is a great fit for you. From weekly happy hours to annual retreats, we make sure to have lots of fun while growing the business at a rapid speed.
We’re on a mission to transform the urban living experience, and we’re hiring our first content manager to help us develop our content strategy and manage Venn’s online channels. If you live and breathe Brooklyn, love meeting new people, discovering unique experiences and creating engaging content about it all then this role might be for you.
In this role, you’d be leading our brand content from strategy to execution in all channels - corporate blog, online magazine and social. You will need to establish a network of content contributors, plan an editorial calendar and develop working processes to produce all sorts of local content in different formats - from events coverage, local businesses reviews, interviews with Venn members, neighborhood guides (i.e. Where To Go On A Date in Bushwick) and whatever other brilliant content strategies you can come up with.
The most important thing is that you have a passion for storytelling, love Brooklyn, and have the chops to work at a fast-paced startup.
- Act as the primary editor and content creator for Venn’s brand content. Establish and manage a network of freelance writers, photographers, videographers, etc. to orchestrate the production of our ongoing content
- Establish a content calendar to showcase the different aspects of Venn and manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic
- Work closely with Venn’s product, marketing, and operations teams to create content strategies that drive user acquisition, increase awareness to the brand and support member acquisition.
- Develop Venn’s Brand online with the ultimate goal of attracting the right followers, cultivating leads for sales and turning them into advocates
- Manage hands-on Venn’s social channels. Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily. Respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews.
- Track social media progress using web analytic tools. Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics. Incorporate optimization strategies, and report insights to the extended team.
- Hands-on experience in content creation, creative direction and/or editorial roles. Preferably in the spaces of lifestyle, culture, travel or real estate
- Strong editing and writing skills suitable for multiple platforms, websites, and social networks
- Proven work experience as a Social media manager. A solid understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms, particularly in relation to branding building and growing followers base
- Love for Brooklyn scene and passion for exploring new people, restaurants, bars, events, and the overall scene in Bushwick and Williamsburg.
- Organizational skills, with the capacity to prioritize and work across multiple projects
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics - a strong plus
- Excellent teamwork and networking skills
- Great total rewards: competitive pay, stock options (Series A) with significant upside
- A ground floor opportunity for entrepreneurs: this is just the beginning
- More than a gig: a global movement shaping the fabric of all neighborhoods
- Real estate + technology: a tangible product that will impact the daily lives of millions
- Purpose-led hypergrowth: universal in nature whilst local in its social impact
- Best network of employees and investors: a chance for mentorship and personal growth
- Fun, inclusive workplaces nested in our neighborhood communities
Venn is an equal opportunity workplace. We believe in the strength of inclusive communities and thrive to build a work environment that mirrors the diversity of the cities that we love.