Venn (https://www.venn.city) is an urban development startup creating a new way of ‘neighboring’ in cities. Venn offers a neighborhood-wide network of homes, shared spaces, local business initiatives, and community engagement. Venn’s platform encourages urbanites to become active participants in the development of their community and enables developing neighborhoods to become as vibrant and desirable as the downtown core.
Founded in 2016 by people raised in the big city and in cooperative communities, Venn is a new movement of neighboring that impacts tens of thousands of people in three cities (New York, Berlin, and Tel Aviv). Venn recently announced their first $40M round from some of the world’s leading investors.
We are looking for the world’s best and brightest change makers to join our movement. If you believe city life can be done better, you thrive by taking ownership and driving results, and love making an impact then Venn is a great fit for you. From weekly happy hours to annual retreats, we make sure to have lots of fun while growing the business at a rapid speed.
Venn is looking for a seasoned and independent hands-on data analyst to assist its leaders and various stakeholders in making informed decisions while relying on operational & business trends, patterns, and predictions. The role will reside at our office in the neighborhood of Bushwick in Brooklyn, NY (or in R&D Center in Tel-Aviv, Israel) and report directly to the VP of Product.
- Lead reporting initiatives across multiple functions, making sure that each functional leader has the appropriate reporting and dashboards
- Use data to support business stakeholders for making mission-critical decisions
- Communicate findings in a way that is clear and accessible to a non-technical audience
- Ensure correct tracking and proper collection of data across a diversity of sources
- Perform hands-on analysis, while writing custom reports in SQL
- Work with head of product to determine analytics requirements for new feature rollouts
- Perform exploratory data analysis as part of a deep dive on specific analytical questions
- At least 3+ years of experience as a data or BI analyst
- At least 3+ years of experience with relational databases (Postgres experience a plus)
- Strong SQL and data analysis skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; able to translate and summarize quantitative analysis to short and to-the-point results
- Familiarity with common analytics reporting tools (Grafana, Looker, Google Analytics, Amplitude, Mixpanel, etc)
- Python/R scripting skills a plus
- Solid grasp of business fundamentals, including common finance and growth metrics - a strong plus
- Experience with statistical modeling and experimental design a plus
- Undergraduate degree in quantitative major (Finance, Economics, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent experience
- An autonomous problem-solver, self-motivated and execution-oriented
- Neshama player: team-oriented, trustworthy and down to earth, you bring your heart and soul to the venture and adhere to Venn’s vision and values
- Great total rewards: competitive pay, stock options (Series A) with significant upside
- A ground floor opportunity for entrepreneurs: this is just the beginning
- More than a gig: a global movement shaping the fabric of all neighborhoods
- Real estate + technology: a tangible product that will impact the daily lives of millions
- Purpose-led hypergrowth: universal in nature whilst local in its social impact
- Best network of employees and investors: a chance for mentorship and personal growth
- Fun, inclusive workplaces nested in our neighborhood communities
Venn is an equal opportunity workplace. We believe in the strength of inclusive communities and thrive to build a work environment that mirrors the diversity of the cities that we love.