Venn is a new way of neighboring that balances city life with more space for community, personal growth and social involvement. Our platform provides housing, services, shared spaces, workshops and communal activities all connected by our neighborhood app. Through the power of our platform, our members become active creators and participants in their community. When our members experience a positive transformation, the whole community benefits from a genuine, measurable impact.
Our first neighborhood prototype is now live in the Shapira district of south Tel Aviv and the model is expanding to target cities in the US and Europe. As we grow at a rapid speed we are looking for the world’s best and brightest entrepreneurs to join our movement in Tel Aviv, Berlin, and New York. We are well funded with an impressive roster of investors and advisors.
Venn is looking for a Head of Construction for our NY office. You’ll be reporting to and working very closely with the Head of Real Estate. This role will allow you to be at the ground level of a company that has big plans. You will have the opportunity to greatly influence and shape the way the real estate organization will operate as we expand to other cities. You’ll lead in the process of building a big operation and team from ground up.
- Work closely with our Development, Brand Design/Experience, and Operations teams to bring Venn’s vision to life in new markets and expand existing locations, including site design and the development of new product offerings
- Build and manage a construction team, based in NYC
- Manage all aspects of the building process for new locations and existing location expansion, ensuring clear timelines are set and build is completed on schedule
- Manage RFPs to generate options for, and select, general contractors and/or subcontractors
- Manage all contractors against set timelines and budget, ensuring all work is delivered as high quality
- Deliver finished units and spaces on time and on budget to allow Marketing and Operations to continue growing
- Work closely with the Experience and Design team to generate new designs and product offerings, and improve existing designs and space
- Secure vendors for finishes (countertops, tile, cabinets, etc.)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in construction with at least 7-8 years of overall combined construction and management experience. Past experience managing and developing direct reports
- Advanced degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- Thorough knowledge of building processes and procedures, and experience with securing build and related permits
- Track record of managing large and complex construction projects, with proven ability of delivering completed projects on time and safely
- Experience with creating and managing to budgets for each project, as well as the overall department
- Hands on with managing construction contractors and crews onsite
- Proven ability to work through ambiguity and get things done
- Strong project scheduling experience
- You know Brooklyn neighborhoods pretty well, preferably Bushwick to begin with
- Enjoys the fast paced, multi-disciplined nature of construction project management and is looking to grow their construction management experience across multiple projects and neighborhoods
- A problem solver who can deal with ambiguity and complexity
- Need to be able to understand the business needs to connect to the big picture.
- A leader by nature, pragmatic, with a distinguished capability of seeing the big picture
- A history of executing and delivering competing products, while driving and diving deep on challenging features
- You lead, influence, and collaborate well with your peers.
- Accountable, self-motivated, and work autonomously.
- A strategic and innovative thinker, who excels in creating something from nothing
- Not afraid to turn dreams into reality
- “Human 2 Human”, a natural connector with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Committed to social impact and mission-led enterprise
- Neshama player: team-oriented, trustworthy and down to earth, you bring your heart and soul to the venture and adhere to Venn’s vision and values
- A ground floor opportunity for entrepreneurs: this is just the beginning
- More than a gig: a global movement shaping the fabric of all neighborhoods
- Real estate + technology: a tangible product that will impact the daily lives of millions
- Purpose-led hypergrowth: universal in nature whilst local in its social impact
- Best network of employees and investors: a chance for mentorship and personal growth
- Fun, inclusive workplaces nested in our neighborhood communities
- Great total rewards: competitive pay, stock options (Series A) with significant upside
Venn is an equal opportunity workplace. We believe in the strength of inclusive communities and thrive to build a work environment that mirrors the diversity of the cities that we love.