We all love what we do, and we all love doing it together, because we demand the best people to make the best Venmo.
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the foreboding walls of financial transactions to make them intuitive and even fun with friends. And it worked, people love sending money with Venmo.
But we’re not done. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place you use your money. We want to connect the people of the world with their money, in an intuitive way, then connect them with each other in a genuine way.
All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together.
Engineering at Venmo
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We spend our days scaling our infrastructure and building new features to meet and exceed our user’s needs and wants. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests.
As part of the Quality Engineering team, this role will help own the quality, live health, and bug fixing process for backend and client development. Having a strong passion for user-centered design, this role will help delight our customers by driving testing best practices across the engineering organization, ensuring we are covering testing of all functional aspects as well as availability, scalability, and performance. Deep, practical experience in testing and maintaining internet-scale applications and services is required.
Things you'll do as a Senior Quality Engineer at Venmo:
- Design and perform test plans for backend and mobile and web components, ensuring product quality and coverage
- Triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure their resolution
- Collaborate across Engineering and with Design and Product Management teams to ensure releases go smoothly
- Improve our current testing approach and explore new solutions
- Mentor engineers on testing best practices
- Build tools to automate and expand our test coverage
- Create, monitor, and communicate important metrics about the quality of our apps
- Evangelize test innovations, through prototyping or other means
- Find the most challenging bugs and quality issues
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's and/or Masters in computer science OR related field of study
- 7+ years experience in software development and testing
- Proficiency in creating test plans, test cases, and tracking resolution of software defects
- Experience with defect tracking tools and strong problem solving skills
- Experience with developing and maintaining automated test suites, using Python, Swift or Java
- Experience with iOS and Android testing and automation frameworks
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written