Venmo was founded on the principle of simplifying financial transactions, and even making these transactions fun. Still, we were surprised by how such a basic principle would resonate with so many. People absolutely love Venmo, and our rapidly growing community of users is a testament to the value of keeping products simple, focused, fun, and friendly.
But we’re not done. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place you use your money. We want to connect people with their cash, in an intuitive way, then connect them with each other in a genuine way. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out -- Let’s do it together.
Our Marketing team is on the hunt for an Associate Content Strategist. The right person for the job will believe ever-so-strongly in the power of content to move mountains. Or at least move money. If you have a passion for a fast-paced, uber-collaborative process when it comes to writing, strategizing, product marketing, brand marketing, sales, and UX, with a side of social media, you might just be the cheese to our pizza. And if you thrive on a position where the sky’s the limit, but the path to get there is largely up to you, then point your peepers below.
What you’ll do at Venmo:
- Build and execute Venmo’s content strategy to the delight of new and existing users across multiple touch points -- social, web, blog, videos and internal collateral, lifecycle management -- leading to measurable world-class work that makes Venmo (even more) famous.
- Write and maintain Venmo’s voice and tone guidelines to apply a distinct and consistent character to all touch points across our much-loved brand.
- Update digital media, social media, and website with snappy, timely, creative content that is optimized for SEO.
- Support Product Marketing efforts as you build and execute Venmo’s product naming and classification guidelines to drive customer comprehension and informed choice.
- Lend a hand to our Business Development teams to support content needs for sales enablement to help drive new business opportunities and elevate our current merchant business.
- Dabble in design, or at least rub elbows with the UX arm of our product design team as you liaise to ensure consistency through the entire customer journey.
- Manage the creative production and approval process for all related marketing assets, coordinating with internal and external partners.
What you’ll need to have in your toolbox:
- A background in content or copywriting is a must. At least 4 years of wallowing in words professionally -- a lifetime of doing so personally.
- A customer-first mindset. The ability to put yourself in users’ shoes to ensure we live our brand purpose and exude our brand personality through all of our touch points.
- A working awareness of existing and future content formats. You don’t need a crystal ball -- just a thirst for knowledge when it comes to innovation, evolution, emerging trends, and new developments.
- Hat head. Or, rather, no issue with wearing a few different ones. We’re a small team furiously dedicated to the user, so you’ll need to be prepared to step out of your defined role from time to time.