Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Business Development Manager will work to help grow adoption of three rapidly growing Braintree products—Braintree’s commerce infrastructure tools, Braintree’s partner tools, and Venmo’s merchant product (which is offered through Braintree). Each of these products are highly strategic to the company and a core part of our growth for the next several years. Our commerce infrastructure tools allow merchants like Skyskanner, Pinterest, and Yelp to partner together and create seamless, innovative user experiences by solving the challenge of sharing sensitive payment data. Braintree’s partner tools allow Braintree partners such as BigCommerce, WooCommerce, and Recurly to enrich our mutual merchant experience. Finally, our Venmo product for merchants, which has been adopted by brands such as White Castle, Poshmark, and Delivery.com, represent a new avenue of monetization for Venmo.
- Working closely with a BD lead for each product area providing support for existing partners as needed
- Identifying and sourcing new partnership opportunities across each product
- Managing a pipeline of new and existing opportunities
- Building relationships with relevant external stakeholders
- Working to get partners live by identifying roadblocks and collaborating with internal stakeholders to problem solve
- Managing and reporting on the on-going health of each relationship and identifying new opportunities to do more with each partner
- Prioritizing partner feedback with each product team
- An exceptional roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic
- Intense curiosity and desire to get in the weeds -- you don’t have to be technical, but you should want to read technical documentation to better understand the product and what you’re in the market with
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative and ownership
- Experience and proficiency in building relationships with senior level decision makers
- Ability to be persistent and patience through partnership sales cycles
- Elegant communication skills, able to cut through bureaucracy and be “to the point” in an effort to get things done
- An aptitude in working with cross functional teams in different geographies
- 4+ years of work experience with at least 2 years having some focus on payments, e-commerce, mobile, or SaaS