Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
This leader will work closely with the businesses leaders of Venmo and Braintree while also partnering with the People Team at PayPal. The Head of Talent Acquisition oversees the team that fuels the company’s people growth and ensures the onboarding experience delights. This person acts as a guardian to the employee population at large, finding ways to preserve the spirit of transparency and collaboration that has taken Braintree/Venmo to where they are today.
We still believe that we can be a key player in changing the way people think about work. With this in mind, we can truly recruit the best and brightest, giving them a place to thrive for the long term. The Head of Talent Acquisition will work on goals that span both the short and long-term to both attract and retain the people needed to change the way people pay.
Head of Talent Acquisition
The Head of Talent Acquisition is empowered to make changes in real-time to move as fast as the rest of the organization when it comes to pivoting process and communication to suit our stage of growth. Building initiatives that will scale as the business scales. Core responsibilities will be:
- Build team needed to meet our aggressive hiring goals
- Manage a team between 3 locations who recruit the talent for 2 business units. (Venmo and Braintree)
- Work with marketing team across BT, Venmo and PP to create broad initiatives that will yield candidates we want i.e. - video, social media and other rich contact that will help ensure our high-volume recruiting yields high-quality results
- Recruit for 1-2 strategic high-level executive roles as needed.
- Focus on agreed integration goals, contribute to the broader PayPal talent acquisition leadership team and community and where appropriate drive global, cross PayPal projects and initiatives
- Participate fully in the design of senior leadership roles and in selection of talent for those roles.
- Manage budget for recruitment tools and resources
- Oversee an onboarding experience that sets the stage for long-term retention.
- Partner with the People Business Partner to deliver A-level talent to the org., build effective hiring strategy for Braintree and Venmo and improve recruitment process via educating hiring managers
- Works to make the process between offer-acceptance to 1st week as remarkable as the hiring candidate experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong talent attraction and retention background.
- Great practice at implementing people support in a fast-changing environment, building to scale with thoughtfulness and grace.
- Personal and professional qualities and experience necessary to build on trust that exists across the organization and with the senior management team.
- The ability to motivate and guide people through change, engaging with the employee base to understand ways to rally change, culture and a forward-moving organization.
- 10+ years recruiting experience with 5+ years in a people leadership role - strong preference for this experience to be in a tech/fast-paced environment.
- Strong business acumen particularly within the progressive technology sector, accurately aware of the war on talent and the agility needed to stay on top in that war.
- Ability to build effective, influential partnerships with executive level leadership – as well as strong relationship building skills with all levels of the organization.
- Previous track record that indicates he/she has been at the forefront of change as a culture ambassador
- Experience collaborating within a matrixed HR environment,
- Genuine, forthright and honest. Can maintain and actively and candidly convey an objective perspective on organization and relationship dynamics.
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design and effectively implement creative HR solutions that drive business results, engaging employees to get real-time feedback.
- Evidence of being a strong team player with the ability to facilitate team building, develop effective partnerships and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders at all levels to accomplish goals.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced and frequently changing environment.
- Far above average communication skills, able to cut through bureaucracy and to the point in an effort to get stuff done.