We all love what we do, and we all love doing it together, because we demand the best people to make the best Venmo.
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the foreboding walls of financial transactions to make them intuitive and even fun with friends. And it worked, people love sending money with Venmo.
But we’re not done. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place you use your money. We want to connect the people of the world with their money, in an intuitive way, then connect them with each other in a genuine way.
All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together.
Engineering at Venmo
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We spend our days scaling our infrastructure and building new features to meet and exceed our user’s needs and wants. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests.
As a TPM, you’ll have the important role of managing a portfolio of simultaneous projects. The TPM will be expected to build out project plans, mitigate risks and regularly communicate status to the Venmo leadership team. You will need to balance a portfolio of projects and work closely with Product Managers and Engineering Managers to manage scope, costs, resourcing and quality.
Things you'll do as a Technical Manager:
- Manage multiple projects across multiple teams to planned milestones, communicating progress to stakeholders proactively.
- Coordinate priorities, projects, and resourcing across Engineering, Product, Design and Operations teams, guiding cross-domain gaps or misalignment of goals with guidance and collaboration.
- Plan for project risks and critical choke points, make trade-off decisions
- Advocate for and play a key role in the software development life-cycle: initiating, planning, project execution, delivery, monitoring, maintenance, etc.
- Internal and external partner management
What we are looking for:
- Bachelors and/or Masters in computer science OR related field of study
- 8+ years experience in software development or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in program and project management
- Experience building teams and teamwork
- Excellent communication skills -- both written and oral (must be able to give honest, direct, and actionable feedback)
- Knowledge and experience using modern software development and project management methodologies (e.g. scrum, TDD, pair programming)