Site Reliability Engineering in Venmo
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds! We are a fast-paced organization going through rapid growth and solving technical challenges at exponential scale. With so much opportunity to reimagine the very nature of money, we are constantly looking for passionate and talented production and site reliability engineers to join our team. As an engineer here, you will have the opportunity to reshape how money is used and treated.
You should be comfortable working with cross functional teams to deliver projects. You should excel at planning, developing and testing your code as well supporting members of the team with code reviews and technical guidance.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelors OR Masters in computer science OR related field of study.
- 4+ years of experience in site reliability engineering or a related field.
- Experience scaling and managing large, cloud-based distributed systems
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes
- Established ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks
- Ability to support a 24/7/365 always available production grade service.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python, Golang, or shell scripting.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration.
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with orchestration/provisioning/configuration automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Established experience with monitoring, logging, alerting, and visualization observability tools and best practices
- Experience building and deploying well architected, maintainable, and testable application backends.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
- AWS Solutions Architect preferred