Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world. Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We spend our days scaling our capacities and building new features to meet and exceed our user’s needs and wants. We teach and learn from one another and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests.
Applied Science team
Imagine what you could do here. Venmo is the fastest growing peer-to-peer financial brand and keeps innovating in the tech industry. We as Venmo Applied Science team are looking for talented Staff Data Engineer to join us and build creative next generation of data products and high-velocity AI services. We derive valuable insights from our extensive, rich and rapidly growing datasets in order to improve customer daily experience. This role is critical to the engineering team and will be deeply embedded within multi-disciplinary teams across the company.
You will join the team that interacts with Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Machine Learning Engineers to embrace rich data into Machine Learning as a service. You will have the opportunity to take full stack ownership of design and implementation of highly reliable, scalable and high-performance products. You will drive appropriate technologies for the business, lead the way for continuous innovation and shape the future of e-commerce.
What We’re Looking For
- Professional 5+ years of industry and academic experiences in a quantitative role with an advanced degree.
- Advanced proficiency with SQL and highly skilled in at least one scripting language such as Python.
- Expert in ETL, big data platforms and tooling (AWS, Snowflake, Kafka, Luigi, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Cassandra, Airflow, etc).
- Strong fundamentals of data structures, algorithms and design patterns.
- Familiarity with statistics and mathematical analysis, prior experience in data visualization tools such as Tableau or Looker is plus.
- Build, forecast, and report on metrics that drive strategy and facilitate decision making for key business initiatives.
- Passion and intellectual curiosity for the FinTech domain.
- Comfortable in working in ambiguous, fast-paced and high-growth dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication to take ownership of meeting with cross-functional team leads on a regular basis.