About the Company:
The Venetoulis Institute for Local Journalism is a non-profit news media company that is launching The Baltimore Banner in the second quarter of 2022. The company is a high-profile, well-funded startup that is supported by some of the top names in the media industry and has been featured in The Atlantic, Washington Post, and New York Times, among others. Solely focused on the Baltimore area, Venetoulis is creating a new paradigm for digital-first, cross-channel local media. Content will extend across the web, mobile (app), radio (terrestrial and satellite), and video (TV and digital). The vision is to be the leading provider of news and lifestyle content in the Baltimore area.
Our company is hiring for a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A). To join our growing team, please review the list of responsibilities and qualifications.
- Provide reliable financial, sales, and operational analysis to partners, driving growth and operational efficiencies, including month-end processing, management review of the budget, vs
- Prepare monthly open commitments report and work with the business to ensure all spending is correctly accounted for, goods receipted and accrued where necessary, work with the BU on PO Closures
- Other ad-hoc activities, including LT reviews, presentations, and productivity programs, as required to support the client and team requests
- Support DTC departments’ development of an annual budget
- Set up monthly forecasting and reporting tools for DTC departments
- Perform analysis of new potential retail locations – 20-40 new places assessed annually
- Perform cause of change analysis relating to revenue, gross margin, and operating expenses across the organization
- Participate in ad hoc projects to support key strategic initiatives
- Key metrics reporting to measure and track business performance
- Scope of work primarily includes working with the P&L, with some exposure to the balance sheet and cash flow-related financials
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/ Accounting/ Economics/ Business Administration or above with at least two or more years of job experience
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment (not only FP&A team but also across Finance, including the controller's team and Finance as a whole
- Strong system skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly, eg
- Previous work experience in a corporate environment a plus
- Financial modeling a plus
- Must possess good organizational skills and flexibility
The Venetoulis Institute embraces diversity and inclusion, and we are wholeheartedly committed to being proactive in inspiring a culture of inclusion across our organization. We are dedicated to establishing an organization that reflects the fundamental respect for different ways of working and living. We assure every employee the opportunity to reach their full potential.