Vendia is seeking an Accounting Manager who has a track record of accuracy and excellent communication skills to join our team. As our first full-time finance person, you will have the opportunity to build processes while ensuring timely, accurate completion of accounting-related activities, maintaining financial records, and working closely with leadership to provide insight into the financial performance of the business. This role will report directly to our Head of Business Operations.
We are a virtual company seeking employees who are located in the United States.
- Insource all company accounting functions from third party vendors, including running month-end close process
- Track ARR and book revenue following GAAP standards
- Prepare financial reports for the executive leadership team and Board of Directors
- Post accounting entries, complete reconciliations for banks accounts, investment accounts in QuickBooks Online
- Manage accounts receivable functions, including customer invoicing
- Manage accounts payable functions such as validating authorized vendors, verifying approval to pay vendor bills, and facilitating payments to vendors
- Develop, implement, and document new process workflows related to vendors, expenses, accounting, AR/AP, and taxes
- Gather and/or prepare requests relating to financial statement audits, sales tax audits, etc.
- Oversee state and federal corporate revenue tax processes, including R&D tax credit calculations
- Manage internal expense documentation and reimbursement systems and processes
- Calculate and pay sales tax in states with Nexus
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of accounting and finance experience in SaaS enterprises; CPA is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with QuickBooks, SaaSOptics, and/or Bill.com
- Experience managing relationships with customers and vendors
- Experience running a month end close process
- Ability to effectively communicate with the Vendia team, customer procurement departments, and external vendors
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a small or start-up company where you had to wear many hats and learn quickly
- BoD/ Investor reporting on financial matters
Vendia is the only real-time data cloud company that enables customers to free critical data stuck in traditional applications, data stores, cloud service providers, and other silos. We provide the undifferentiated services and infrastructure necessary to share data safely and securely. By combining serverless blockchains, ledgers, access control, smart APIs and more, Vendia delivers governance and compliance with industry standards, allowing companies to focus on what matters most: their customer experience.
Our customers span industries – from automotive and food & beverage, to travel, hospitality, and not-for-profits. They use Vendia to solve challenging data sharing and data integration problems: real-time supply chain and logistics tracking, settlement of physical and digital contracts, consolidating the data needed to drive AI/ML inferencing, and more. Our employees helped create industry-changing services like AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway, and many more. We are taking that expertise and continuing the tradition at Vendia. We build disruptive, innovative technologies that combine the best of Serverless, distributed ledgers, and massively scaled cloud-based services that deliver business value to our customers.
Vendia is a rapidly growing, minority-owned startup headquartered in San Francisco and Seattle, serving the needs of enterprises around the globe. Our $30M Series B investment has enabled us to accelerate our vision of multi-party data sharing, and we are growing rapidly. We embrace remote workers but also love interactive development. Our culture is dynamic, with a focus on rapid, iterative delivery and continuous learning from customer engagements. Most importantly, we are a "succeed or fail together" company - everyone here plays nicely with each other, a culture we’ve enshrined in our Kind Humans Policy, and a key requirement for all job applicants.