As the Senior Product Manager for Vendia Virtual Data Lake (VDL), you will own and drive product strategy and roadmap for Vendia’s emerging file sharing and governance service. You will work closely with engineering, business development, sales, and marketing leaders to define and prioritize product features. You will own revenue and adoption targets, and will make high-judgment decisions regarding time-to-market tradeoffs to help the business succeed. You’ll partner with engineering to ensure that the performance, usability, availability, and other “ilities” are delivered along with features to ensure customer satisfaction. You’ll partner closely with your Marketing counterpart to define personas, segmentation, customer journeys, and appropriately collateral at all funnel stages and to produce compelling collateral for customers, field training, and other marketing communications. You’ll partner with sales to create go-to-market plays that leverage Vendia’s differentiated value proposition and meet jointly held revenue and adoption targets for VDL. This role will initially report to the CEO and will have key responsibilities for company-level OKRs, including revenue and adoption targets.
Successful candidates for this role will be excited about the prospect of helping data teams and developers solve the challenges of sharing and using semi-structured data at scale. A deep empathy for end user and buyer challenges is a must, balanced with a strategic understanding of Vendia’s business objectives. Demonstrated experience leading developer-facing platform efforts and a strong technical background in large-scale systems is highly desirable. Candidates must possess exceptional communication skills and a proactive approach to customer and developer outreach to manage the large degree of external interaction and ecosystem development that this role requires.
We are a virtual company seeking employees who can operate within +/- 5 hours of the US Pacific Time Zone.
As Senior Product Manager for Vendia VDL, you will be responsible for:
- Designing VDL’s Product Strategy and Roadmap - Your broad and deep comprehension of user personas and user needs in the enterprise software market and your deep familiarity with incumbent and competitive approaches to file sharing and data integration enables you to readily translate market opportunity, customer needs, and technical capabilities into features that solve real-world problems, leading to increased revenue and adoption.
- Go-to-Market - You have a keen understanding of the buying cycle, buyer personas, buyer journey, and purchasing motivations, and you can translate your understanding into pricing structure, demand generation, and selling tactics that enable field personnel to be successful in achieving revenue targets. You use data-driven insights gleaned from marketing and sales operations data to drive your understanding, inform executive leadership, and continuously optimize your product and go-to-market strategies.
- Collateral Creation and Presentation - Your deep understanding of VDL’s capabilities enables you to quickly create world-class, customer-facing collateral for all pipeline stages from early awareness (“top of funnel”) through late-stage sales enablement (“pre-sales”). You can articulate and present customer-specific TCO, pricing analyses, and benefits collateral. You routinely create materials to train and educate the sales force and facilitate their outcomes.
- Feedback and Evangelism - You obsess over customer experience and actively solicit feedback that you use to outpace and outdesign the competition. You passionately evangelize to developers, understanding that they are your future customers. You readily meet and routinely exceed adoption expectations and enjoy learning how creative applications of your product can lead to additional opportunities. You listen carefully for unmet needs and monetization opportunities.
- Partner Development and Enablement - You actively solicit and develop business and technical partnerships, viewing them as opportunities to accelerate revenue, customer outcomes, delivery mechanics, and top-of-funnel development. You can effectively locate and engage ISV partners to drive both co-sell and joint development opportunities.
- Industry Awareness - You play a visible and active role in the field, constantly evaluating and learning about new technologies, competitors, approaches, and customer needs. You actively blog, speak, and use social media to establish and promote Vendia’s products, point of view, and differentiated value proposition.
- 5+ years in a technical Product Management role, with direct customer engagement
- Successful track record managing commercial B2B software products, including new products and feature releases, in a high growth environment
- Experience creating and analyzing detailed bottom-up pricing frameworks
- 4-year undergraduate degree from a US-accredited college or university, or the equivalent international degree, in Computer, Engineering, or Mathematics
- MBA or equivalent job experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data-driven analysis to create, monitor, and optimize demand gen programs
- Experience building and delivering public cloud-based services, especially those with a SaaS/PaaS form factor
- Have owned revenue and adoption KPIs tied to performance-based compensation in the past and delivered successful results against them for multiple quarters
- Startup experience
- Demonstrated success growing developer ecosystems from the ground up
Vendia is creating the world’s fastest and most scalable distributed data platform for transactional workloads. Our cloud-based, SaaS-delivered offerings enable application developers to work with real-time business data, even when that data spans companies, clouds, geographies, or technology stacks. By recreating the speed and ease of a conventional database, we’re tackling the hardest cross-cloud sharing challenges so that our customers can focus on what matters most: their business outcomes.
Our customers span sectors as diverse as Automotive, Food & Beverage, Travel, and Nonprofits. They use Vendia to solve their most challenging data sharing and data integration problems: real-time supply chain and logistics tracking, settlement of physical and digital contracts, consolidating the data needed to drive AI/ML inferencing, and more. Our employees helped create industry-changing services like AWS Lambda… and we’re continuing that tradition at Vendia, with disruptive, innovative technologies that combine the best of Serverless, distributed ledgers, and massively scaled cloud-based services that deliver business value to our customers.
Vendia is a rapidly growing, minority-owned startup headquartered in San Francisco and Seattle, but serving the needs of enterprises around the globe. Our recent $15.5M Series A investment has enabled us to accelerate our vision of multi-party data sharing, and we are growing rapidly. We embrace remote workers but also love interactive development. Our culture is dynamic, with a focus on rapid, iterative delivery and continuous learning from customer engagements. Most importantly, we are a "succeed or fail together" company - everyone here plays nicely with each other, a culture we’ve enshrined in our Kind Humans Policy, and a key requirement for all job applicants.