As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you’ll work with our Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams to create an immersive experience for Vendia’s customers. You’ll be responsible for delivering the client experience across multiple platforms, from a customer’s first views on to the developer experience that enables enterprise customers to manage large volumes of real-time data from within their applications.
Vendia is seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer to leverage their expert knowledge of web and cloud technologies to deliver critical features across Vendia’s multi-cloud, distributed data platform. As the company grows, you will also help recruit, mentor, and scale the client engineering team. You should possess a strong customer-centric, product-oriented background with multiple examples of serving enterprise demographics and broad and deep knowledge of full-stack languages, frameworks, and techniques, including GraphQL.
Our engineering team is diverse and virtually located; like our product, we span geographies and the following time zones:
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with the Product, Design and Marketing Teams to design, develop, deploy, scale, monitor, document, and support the developer experience for Vendia Share, Vendia Virtual Data Lake, and additional products and services currently under development.
- Designing and implementing client-side and server-side architectures, ranging from accessible web applications with reusable components and consistent design patterns (JS / React) to CLIs (oclif) and SDKs.
- Advocating for best engineering practices, including automation, CI/CD workflows, quality, security, performance and more.
- Partnering with leadership to create engineering roadmaps that balance new features with rapid customer growth and engineering excellence.
- Partnering with marketing to integrate marketing operations and product experiences that create a seamless customer journey spanning our website, marketing programs, and products.
- Experienced with industry best practices, including testing frameworks (Cypress), CI/CD pipelines and OpEx.
- Fluency in at least one back-end language (Node.js/Python/Go)
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g. DynamoDB), AWS services (e.g. AWS Lambda, API Gateway, AWS Cognito) and UI/UX design
- Ability to plan projects, communicate status and deliver results while keeping high quality standards.
- 4 year undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or, Math.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience at a startup or similar fast-paced environment, ideally with cloud-based applications, infrastructure services, and/or enterprise SaaS offerings.
- Experience working with multiple clouds, including two or more of Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Transparent work products, such as GitHub commits to a well-known open source project
- Willingness to engage in public speaking/events and perform customer demonstrations and training.
- MS or other advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math.
All Engineers at Vendia are culturally well-rounded: You enjoy working on a team, contributing back as much as you learn from others while acknowledging no job is too small or too big. You are relentlessly self critical and data driven, holding yourself to the highest standards. You love all aspects of software development, but you are especially passionate about building tools and platforms that our customers can leverage.
Vendia is creating the world’s fastest and most scalable distributed data platform for transactional workloads. Our cloud-based, SaaS-delivered offerings enable application developers to work with real-time business data, even when that data spans companies, clouds, geographies, or technology stacks. By recreating the speed and ease of a conventional database, we’re tackling the hardest cross-cloud sharing challenges so that our customers can focus on what matters most: their business outcomes.
Our customers span sectors as diverse as Automotive, Food & Beverage, Travel, and Nonprofits. They use Vendia to solve their most challenging data sharing and data integration problems: real-time supply chain and logistics tracking, settlement of physical and digital contracts, consolidating the data needed to drive AI/ML inferencing, and more. Our employees helped create industry-changing services like AWS Lambda… and we’re continuing that tradition at Vendia, with disruptive, innovative technologies that combine the best of Serverless, distributed ledgers, and massively scaled cloud-based services that deliver business value to our customers.
Vendia is a rapidly growing, minority-owned startup headquartered in San Francisco and Seattle, but serving the needs of enterprises around the globe. Our recent $15.5M Series A investment has enabled us to accelerate our vision of multi-party data sharing, and we are growing rapidly. We embrace remote workers but also love interactive development. Our culture is dynamic, with a focus on rapid, iterative delivery and continuous learning from customer engagements. Most importantly, we are a "succeed or fail together" company - everyone here plays nicely with each other, a culture we’ve enshrined in our Kind Humans Policy, and a key requirement for all job applicants.