Vendia is seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer to leverage their expert knowledge of web and cloud technologies to deliver critical features across Vendia’s real-time, data cloud platform.
This role interacts closely with our Product, Design and Marketing teams, creating an immersive experience for Vendia’s customers. You’ll be responsible for the developer experience across multiple clients, as well as customer facing serverless infrastructure. You should possess a strong customer-centric, product-oriented background, as well as deep knowledge of full-stack languages and frameworks, including GraphQL. As the company grows, you’ll help recruit, mentor, and scale the client engineering team.
Engineers at Vendia enjoy working on a team, contributing back as much as you learn from others while acknowledging no job is too small or too big. You are relentlessly self critical and data driven, holding yourself to the highest standards. You love all aspects of software development, but you are especially passionate about building tools and platforms that our customers can leverage.
We are a virtual company seeking employees who can operate within +/- 5 hours of the US Pacific Time Zone.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Designing, implementing, deploying and supporting client-side and server-side architectures, from accessible web applications to our dynamic CLI & SDKs
- Advocating for best engineering practices, including automation, CI/CD workflows, quality, security, performance and more
- Collaborating with Product, Design and Marketing Teams to define customer and support personas, spanning first visitor to the engineering developer experience
- Partnering with leadership to create engineering roadmaps that balance new features with rapid customer growth and engineering excellence
- Experience with industry best practices: test automation, CI/CD, OpEx, etc
- Fluency in at least one back-end language (Node.js/Python/Go)
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g. DynamoDB), AWS services (e.g. AWS Lambda, API Gateway, AWS Cognito) and UI/UX design
- Ability to plan projects, communicate status and deliver high quality results
- 4 year undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent experience
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Prior experience at a startup or similar fast-paced environment delivering B2B application or infrastructure services, and/or enterprise SaaS offerings
- Past contributions to open source projects
- Willingness to engage in public speaking or customer demonstrations and training
Vendia is creating the world’s fastest and most scalable distributed data platform for transactional workloads. Our cloud-based, SaaS-delivered offerings enable application developers to work with real-time business data, even when that data spans companies, clouds, geographies, or technology stacks. By recreating the speed and ease of a conventional database, we’re tackling the hardest cross-cloud sharing challenges so that our customers can focus on what matters most: their business outcomes.
Our customers span sectors as diverse as Automotive, Food & Beverage, Travel, and Nonprofits. They use Vendia to solve their most challenging data sharing and data integration problems: real-time supply chain and logistics tracking, settlement of physical and digital contracts, consolidating the data needed to drive AI/ML inferencing, and more. Our employees helped create industry-changing services like AWS Lambda… and we’re continuing that tradition at Vendia, with disruptive, innovative technologies that combine the best of Serverless, distributed ledgers, and massively scaled cloud-based services that deliver business value to our customers.
Vendia is a rapidly growing, minority-owned startup headquartered in San Francisco and Seattle, but serving the needs of enterprises around the globe. Our recent $15.5M Series A investment has enabled us to accelerate our vision of multi-party data sharing, and we are growing rapidly. We embrace remote workers but also love interactive development. Our culture is dynamic, with a focus on rapid, iterative delivery and continuous learning from customer engagements. Most importantly, we are a "succeed or fail together" company - everyone here plays nicely with each other, a culture we’ve enshrined in our Kind Humans Policy, and a key requirement for all job applicants.