As Director of Product Marketing, you’ll work with our Product, Design, and Engineering teams to position, message, and brand Vendia’s parent company and products. You will own customer-facing content including Vendia website, PR and analyst relations, sales and training collateral, as well as customer engagement for all Vendia products and throughout the product experience journey. In partnership with the Product and Design teams, you’ll ensure that Vendia continues to deliver to customers the ability to manage large volumes of real-time data with scalable user experiences.
Vendia is seeking a Director of Product Marketing who can operate as a player/coach, with the ability and interest to initially drive outcomes directly, but with the managerial experience to eventually grow, mentor, manage, and specialize a marketing team as the company’s needs expand. This role will report directly to the Chief Business Development Officer (CBO) and will have key responsibilities for company-level OKRs, including revenue targets.
We are a virtual company seeking employees who can operate within +/- 5 hours of the US Pacific Time Zone.
As Director of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for:
- Positioning, Messaging, Branding & Storytelling - Your broad and deep comprehension of user personas and user needs in the enterprise software market enables you to drive solution articulation, positioning, messaging, differentiators, and proof points that fuel our brand story, brand message, and go-to-market. You own Vendia’s look and feel and manage an integrated marketing resources library to ensure all company communications stay “on brand”.
- Building a Marketing-Led Sales Program - Develop programs with evergreen content from top of the funnel to sales close and by creating Market Qualified leads to support sales. You possess the analytic tools to perform qualitative and quantitative evaluation of all aspects of our marking program (including KPIs for conversion of leads to sales), as well as the ability to develop and execute marketing and communications programs. You collaborate with Product and Engineering on scalable messaging mechanisms that deliver effective product and feature content globally and work cross-functionally to ensure sales teams are ready to tell the Vendia story, handle objections, and communicate points of differentiation.
- Collateral Creation - Your deep understanding of Vendia’s products and capabilities enables you to quickly create world-class, customer-facing collateral for all pipeline stages from early awareness (“top of funnel”) through late-stage sales enablement (“pre-sales”). You can articulate and present customer-specific TCO, pricing analyses, and benefits collateral. You routinely create materials to train and educate the sales force and facilitate their outcomes. You own website, social media, and other Vendia marketing channels to help drive top-of-funnel activity, especially around customer use cases, case studies, logo acquisition, and other customer-centric elements.
- PR/AR Communications - You are an articulate and passionate evangelist for Vendia, able to present its value propositions, vision, and go-to-market approach to analysts, press, thought leaders, investors, and other audiences. You continuously produce white papers, website and blog content, and social media posts designed to address potential selling objections, convert thought leaders, and stimulate sales. You own and drive analyst relationships and ensure beneficial placement and positioning of Vendia in analyst reports relative to competitors. You monitor and engage PR, thought leaders, and syndicators to promote Vendia’s business, technology, and point of view to a broad and diverse audience.
- IC-to-Leader Path / Player+Coach Mentality - You are detail oriented and programmatic in your approach, able to drive all the above activities initially as an IC, but can eventually scale yourself by hiring and coordinating teams as the company grows. You are adept at recruiting, hiring, managing, and mentoring diverse and geographically dispersed teams.
- 10+ years in outbound Product Marketing or outbound Product Management roles
- 4+ years of team leadership and management, including hiring and performance management
- Successful track record marketing new products and feature releases
- 4-year undergraduate degree from a US-accredited college or university, or the equivalent international degree
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- MBA or equivalent job experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data-driven analysis to create, monitor, and optimize demand gen programs
- Have owned marketing-related revenue KPIs in the past and delivered successful results against them for multiple quarters
- Experience as “first marketer” in a company, including establishment and management of marketing operations and personnel
- Experience managing designers or outsourced design firms
Vendia is creating the world’s fastest and most scalable distributed data platform for transactional workloads. Our cloud-based, SaaS-delivered offerings enable application developers to work with real-time business data, even when that data spans companies, clouds, geographies, or technology stacks. By recreating the speed and ease of a conventional database, we’re tackling the hardest cross-cloud sharing challenges so that our customers can focus on what matters most: their business outcomes.
Our customers span sectors as diverse as Automotive, Food & Beverage, Travel, and Nonprofits. They use Vendia to solve their most challenging data sharing and data integration problems: real-time supply chain and logistics tracking, settlement of physical and digital contracts, consolidating the data needed to drive AI/ML inferencing, and more. Our employees helped create industry-changing services like AWS Lambda… and we’re continuing that tradition at Vendia, with disruptive, innovative technologies that combine the best of Serverless, distributed ledgers, and massively scaled cloud-based services that deliver business value to our customers.
Vendia is a rapidly growing, minority-owned startup headquartered in San Francisco and Seattle, but serving the needs of enterprises around the globe. Our recent $15.5M Series A investment has enabled us to accelerate our vision of multi-party data sharing, and we are growing rapidly. We embrace remote workers but also love interactive development. Our culture is dynamic, with a focus on rapid, iterative delivery and continuous learning from customer engagements. Most importantly, we are a "succeed or fail together" company - everyone here plays nicely with each other, a culture we’ve enshrined in our Kind Humans Policy, and a key requirement for all job applicants.