As the founding member of Vendia’s product design team, you’ll work with our Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams to create a crisp, immersive, and comprehensive experience for Vendia’s customers. You’ll own ensuring a cohesive design across multiple products, helping customers manage large volumes of real-time data with scalable user experiences. You'll work to understand, craft, and streamline the customer journey for core demographics such as developers, data engineers, and line of business owners. You will also collaborate with Product and Marketing to create compelling and engaging experiences at all stages of the buying process, from website landing pages through sales collateral, product documentation, and support views. You should possess a strong, customer-centric product portfolio that includes demographics research, persona- and journey-driven experiences, user experience/flow design for enterprise (B2B) products, and relevant graphic design.
Portfolio reviews are required of all candidates. B2B product design experience is essential; exclusively B2C or marketing-only resumes cannot be considered. We are a virtual company seeking employees who can operate within +/- 5 hours of the US Pacific Time Zone.
As a Senior Designer, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with the Product and Engineering Teams to define the customer experience for Vendia Share, Vendia Virtual Data Lake, and for additional products and services currently under development.
- Establishing an overall design process for Vendia, including personas, user experience stories, and design/branding collateral.
- Contributing to the strategic vision of Vendia’s marketing efforts, creating funnels that embody our key personas, guide and enrich the customer journey, and which convert visitors to users/buyers with compelling and articulate value propositions.
- Iterating quickly and communicating your vision at all stages of the design, development, and deployment process as a deeply integrated member of the product team.
- Using Figma or similar tools.
- Driving customer research studies and interpreting and reacting on the resulting feedback.
- Creating original, reusable assets that can be shared with all members of the Vendia team, from website and blog content to product branding to AR/PR/IR decks and templates.
- Partnering with marketing to create strongly identifiable branding and logo imagery and ensuring that all customer touch points effectively convey Vendia’s value proposition.
- 4+ years experience owning UX for a technical product or service (B2B), including experience bringing a new, developer-focused product to market
- Prior experience at a startup or similar fast-paced environment
- Skilled in using wireframes and design tools such as Figma to quickly and iteratively convey intent with engineering and product management teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, comfortable engaging external audiences, including running user feedback sessions
- Experience designing data-centric user experiences
- Experience designing for a wide array of enterprise personas: data operators, application developers, line of business owners, security and ops personnel, etc.
- Experience designing for cloud-based applications, infrastructure services, and/or enterprise SaaS offerings
Vendia is creating the world’s fastest and most scalable distributed data platform for transactional workloads. Our cloud-based, SaaS-delivered offerings enable application developers to work with real-time business data, even when that data spans companies, clouds, geographies, or technology stacks. By recreating the speed and ease of a conventional database, we’re tackling the hardest cross-cloud sharing challenges so that our customers can focus on what matters most: their business outcomes.
Our customers span sectors as diverse as Automotive, Food & Beverage, Travel, and Nonprofits. They use Vendia to solve their most challenging data sharing and data integration problems: real-time supply chain and logistics tracking, settlement of physical and digital contracts, consolidating the data needed to drive AI/ML inferencing, and more. Our employees helped create industry-changing services like AWS Lambda… and we’re continuing that tradition at Vendia, with disruptive, innovative technologies that combine the best of Serverless, distributed ledgers, and massively scaled cloud-based services that deliver business value to our customers.
Vendia is a rapidly growing, minority-owned startup headquartered in San Francisco and Seattle, but serving the needs of enterprises around the globe. Our recent $15.5M Series A investment has enabled us to accelerate our vision of multi-party data sharing, and we are growing rapidly. We embrace remote workers but also love interactive development. Our culture is dynamic, with a focus on rapid, iterative delivery and continuous learning from customer engagements. Most importantly, we are a "succeed or fail together" company - everyone here plays nicely with each other, a culture we’ve enshrined in our Kind Humans Policy, and a key requirement for all job applicants.