As a Senior Solutions Architect, you’ll partner with the engineering and sales team to help customers adopt Vendia’s innovative Universal Application platform. You’ll engage in all stages of the customer’s buying and adoption journey, from pre-sales discovery and use case exploration through post-sales onboarding and advising. As an expert in both the customer’s environment and needs as well as Vendia’s products and solutions, you’ll be well positioned to help customers plan and execute integration with their existing IT infrastructure while leveraging all aspects of Vendia’s unique value proposition. With the detailed technical exposure you’ve acquired in public cloud services, you’ll serve as a “trusted partner” to customers, able to help them with operational challenges that include application latency, throughput, and scalability improvements and that span all aspects of data integration, from schema design to query optimization. You’ll also partner with Solution Integrators, training and enabling them to extend your reach. You routinely harvest product suggestions from your depth and breadth of customer engagements and communicate these back to the product management team, creating a feedback loop of product optimization that helps delight existing customers and opens new sales opportunities.
Vendia is seeking a Senior Solutions Architect with extensive public cloud and distributed systems experience. Qualified candidates will have spent multiple years in a technical, hands-on, and customer-facing role enabling companies to adopt innovative offerings and industry best practices. You should be an excellent communicator, comfortable in front of customers, R&D teams, and evangelizing to developers. You should routinely produce compelling, technical collateral such as getting started guides and best practice whitepapers and use it to enable sales teams and customer success.
We are a virtual company seeking employees who can operate within +/- 3 hours of the US Pacific Time Zone.
As a Senior Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for:
- Technical customer engagements, including pre- and post-sales
- Influencing intent to buy through collateral, presentations, POCs, and customer-specific TCO and other analyses
- Data-driven engagements, including assisting clients in performing projections related to throughput, latency, and scale and the resulting pricing implications
- Relentless customer obsession, viewing customer success as your own, and advocating internally for customer features, capabilities, and needs
- Partnering with sales and marketing teams to create compelling content that accelerates buying decisions and positively impacts customers throughout their adoption journey
- Serving as a developer advocate, including presenting at developer-centric events and creating compelling collateral and social media content to drive bottom-up adoption
- Improving adoption rates and customer satisfaction by creating Getting Started guides, improving existing (and producing new) documentation where necessary to augment the engineering team’s outputs, and crafting demos, examples, and other compelling mechanisms to help customers experience and understand Vendia’s offerings and unique selling points
- 6+ years experience as a technical solutions architect, consultant, or pre-sales engineer with direct customer-facing responsibilities using public cloud technologies
- Mastery in all of the following areas: At least one major public cloud provider, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP; at least one NoSQL database technology; GraphQL and REST APIs
- Experienced with industry best practices in data, APIs, and cloud architecture
- Ability to plan projects, communicate status and deliver results
- 4 year undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or, Math
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience at a startup or similar fast-paced environment, ideally with cloud-based applications, infrastructure services, and/or enterprise SaaS offerings
- Masters, PhD, or other advanced academic degree in Computer Science, Cryptography, or related areas
- Transparent work products, such as: GitHub commits to a well-known open source project; published books or blogs on industry topics of interest; YouTube videos of public speaking engagements, such as conference presentations
Vendia is the only real-time data cloud company that enables customers to free critical data stuck in traditional applications, data stores, cloud service providers, and other silos. We provide the undifferentiated services and infrastructure necessary to share data safely and securely. By combining serverless blockchains, ledgers, access control, smart APIs and more, Vendia delivers governance and compliance with industry standards, allowing companies to focus on what matters most: their customer experience.
Our customers span industries – from automotive and food & beverage, to travel, hospitality, and not-for-profits. They use Vendia to solve challenging data sharing and data integration problems: real-time supply chain and logistics tracking, settlement of physical and digital contracts, consolidating the data needed to drive AI/ML inferencing, and more. Our employees helped create industry-changing services like AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway, and many more. We are taking that expertise and continuing the tradition at Vendia. We build disruptive, innovative technologies that combine the best of Serverless, distributed ledgers, and massively scaled cloud-based services that deliver business value to our customers.
Vendia is a rapidly growing, minority-owned startup headquartered in San Francisco and Seattle, serving the needs of enterprises around the globe. Our recent $30M Series B investment has enabled us to accelerate our vision of multi-party data sharing, and we are growing rapidly. We embrace remote workers but also love interactive development. Our culture is dynamic, with a focus on rapid, iterative delivery and continuous learning from customer engagements. Most importantly, we are a "succeed or fail together" company - everyone here plays nicely with each other, a culture we’ve enshrined in our Kind Humans Policy, and a key requirement for all job applicants.