As a Principal Solutions Architect, you’ll partner with the engineering and sales team to help customers adopt Vendia’s innovative, multi-cloud, distributed data platform. You’ll engage in all stages of the customer’s buying and adoption journey, from early discovery and use case exploration through post-sales advising. As an expert in both the customer’s unique environment and needs as well as Vendia’s products and services, you’ll be uniquely positioned to help customers plan and execute integration with their existing IT infrastructure while leveraging all aspects of Vendia’s unique value proposition. With the detailed technical exposure you’ve acquired in public cloud services, you serve as a “trusted partner” to customers, able to help them with operational challenges that include latency, throughput, and scalability improvements and that span all aspects of data integration, from schema design to query optimization. You’ll also partner with SIs, training and enabling them to extend your reach. You routinely harvest product suggestions from your depth and breadth of customer engagements and communicate these back to the product management team, creating a feedback loop of product optimization that helps delight existing customers and opens new sales opportunities.
Vendia is seeking a Principal Solutions Architect with extensive public cloud and distributed systems experience. Qualified candidates will have spent multiple years in a technical, hand-on, and customer-facing role enabling companies to adopt innovative offerings and industry best practices. You should be an excellent communicator, comfortable in front of customers, R&D teams, SI partners, and when evangelizing to developers. You should routinely produce compelling, technical collateral such as getting started guides and best practice whitepapers and use it to enable sales teams and customer success. As the company grows, you will also help recruit, mentor, and scale technical members of the sales team.
Our team is diverse and virtually located; like our product, we span geographies and the following time zones:
As a Principal Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for:
- Technical customer engagements, including pre- and post-sales
- Influencing intent to buy through collateral, presentations, POCs, and customer-specific TCO and other analyses
- Data-driven engagements, including assisting clients in performing projections related to throughput, latency, and scale and the resulting pricing implications
- Relentless customer obsession, viewing their success as your own, and advocating internally for customer features, capabilities, and needs
- Partnering with sales and marketing teams to create compelling content that accelerates buying decisions and positively impacts customers throughout their adoption journey
- Serving as a developer advocate, including presenting at developer-centric events and creating compelling collateral and social media content to drive bottom-up adoption
- Improving adoption rates and customer satisfaction by creating Getting Started guides, improving existing (and producing new) documentation where necessary to augment the engineering team’s outputs, and crafting demos, examples, and other compelling mechanisms to help customers experience and understand Vendia’s offerings and unique selling points
- 7+ years experience as a technical solutions architect or pre-sales engineer with direct customer-facing responsibilities in a public cloud or similar environment
- Mastery in all of the following areas: At least one major public cloud provider, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP; at least one NoSQL database technology; GraphQL and REST APIs
- Experienced with industry best practices in data, APIs, security, authentication, and cloud architecture
- Ability to plan projects, communicate status and deliver results
- 4 year undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or, Math
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience at a startup or similar fast-paced environment, ideally with cloud-based applications, infrastructure services, and/or enterprise SaaS offerings.
- Experience working with multiple clouds, including two or more of Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Masters, PhD, or other advanced academic degree in Computer Science, Cryptography, or related areas.
- Transparent work products, such as: GitHub commits to a well-known open source project; published books or blogs on industry topics of interest; YouTube videos of public speaking engagements, such as conference presentations.
All employees at Vendia are culturally well-rounded: You enjoy working on a team, contributing back as much as you learn from others while acknowledging no job is too small or too big. You are relentlessly self critical and data driven, holding yourself to the highest standards. You love all aspects of technology innovation, but you are especially passionate about customer adoption and success, and measure your impact through the lenses of revenue, retention, and satisfaction.
Vendia is creating the world’s fastest and most scalable distributed data platform for transactional workloads. Our cloud-based, SaaS-delivered offerings enable application developers to work with real-time business data, even when that data spans companies, clouds, geographies, or technology stacks. By recreating the speed and ease of a conventional database, we’re tackling the hardest cross-cloud sharing challenges so that our customers can focus on what matters most: their business outcomes.
Our customers span sectors as diverse as Automotive, Food & Beverage, Travel, and Nonprofits. They use Vendia to solve their most challenging data sharing and data integration problems: real-time supply chain and logistics tracking, settlement of physical and digital contracts, consolidating the data needed to drive AI/ML inferencing, and more. Our employees helped create industry-changing services like AWS Lambda… and we’re continuing that tradition at Vendia, with disruptive, innovative technologies that combine the best of Serverless, distributed ledgers, and massively scaled cloud-based services that deliver business value to our customers.
Vendia is a rapidly growing, minority-owned startup headquartered in San Francisco and Seattle, but serving the needs of enterprises around the globe. Our recent $15.5M Series A investment has enabled us to accelerate our vision of multi-party data sharing, and we are growing rapidly. We embrace remote workers but also love interactive development. Our culture is dynamic, with a focus on rapid, iterative delivery and continuous learning from customer engagements. Most importantly, we are a "succeed or fail together" company - everyone here plays nicely with each other, a culture we’ve enshrined in our Kind Humans Policy, and a key requirement for all job applicants.