There are 2 actors on a network, people and machines. People use usernames and passwords to identify and get access to machines. Machines use keys and certificates to identify and get access each other. Venafi is the inventor of the technology that secures and protects keys and certificates, the most important assets of Global 5000 companies. We are Warriors!
Are you passionate about making a positive impact and protecting the world from cyber criminals? If so, you may be a natural Venafi Warrior!
How you’ll be protecting the world:
Venafi is searching for a Product Marketing Manager to influence the go-to-market strategy for Venafi Platform Cloud Products. This is a strategic role with significant scope, high degree of influence and executive visibility. This role requires a passionate, creative thinker with experience bringing platforms to market, proven ability to drive quantitative results and a fierce desire to help organizations avoid security breaches and revenue stream disruptions caused by machine identity management failures.
- Experience working cross functionally with Product Management to develop compelling value propositions for Product Positioning and Messaging
- Demonstrated experience conducting market research to identify target audiences, market trends, and customer needs.
- Go-to-Market Strategy:
- Develop and execute go-to-market plans in collaboration with the Marketing team to drive product adoption and revenue growth through effective marketing campaigns, sales enablement materials, and customer-facing content.
- Work closely with sales teams to develop sales tools, training, and collateral to support the selling process.
- Market Intelligence:
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, market landscape, and customer insights to inform product strategies and marketing initiatives.
- Conduct market research, including customer interviews and surveys, to gather feedback and understand customer needs and pain points.
- Monitor and gather market trends to identify opportunities and potential threats.
- Product Launches and Promotions:
- Plan and execute product launches, ensuring alignment across various teams and driving awareness and demand generation activities.
- Develop compelling product messaging and sales tools to support the launch of new features and enhancements.
- Collaborate with the demand generation team to develop marketing campaigns and promotions to generate leads and drive product adoption.
- Customer Advocacy and Enablement:
- Develop customer success stories, case studies, and testimonials to showcase the value and benefits of Venafi Platform Cloud Products.
- Support customer enablement initiatives by developing training materials, product documentation, and resources to enhance customer understanding and adoption.
The ideal Venafi Warrior will be armed with:
- 8+ years of product marketing experience with at least 4 years of experience in a market-facing role, preferably in cybersecurity or SaaS Software industry
- Comfortable with productivity, collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce, MS Office etc
- Familiar with marketing automation tools, how they enable the persona journeys and the types of KPI's they support e.g. Marketo, Pardot and Omniture, and Google Analytics.
- Ability to set realistic goals, track progress against, and course correct.
- Public speaking experience, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer that can create compelling content and articulate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Team player
- Understanding of cloud technologies and experience in marketing cloud-based solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective go-to-market strategies and execute successful product launches.
- Ability to gather and interpret market and customer insights to inform product strategies.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter and a cross-functional collaborator.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field
What Sets You Apart?
- Familiarity with TLS/SSL certificates, PKI, or cybersecurity concepts
- Software Platform Product Marketing experience
While you are busy protecting the world, we’ve got you covered!
In addition to fostering a work environment with strong work from anywhere ethic, Venafi offers a benefits package that is in the top 1%. We provide employer-subsidized premiums for both team members and their families. That includes health, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a flexible time off policy, observe 14 holidays, and offer four "pick your own community service day." We also offer 401(k) and company matching, company HSA contribution, 2x salary employer-paid life insurance, and parental leave. We even offer pet insurance!
More About Venafi:
Venafi is the undisputed heavyweight champion in Machine Identity Management. Why? Because we created the category and are light years ahead of anyone that would consider competing! Gartner has recognized Venafi as number one in our space and as it turns out, one is NOT the loneliest number!
Venafi is the inventor of the technology that secures and protects keys and certificates. Venafi protects machine identity types by orchestrating cryptographic keys and digital certificates for SSL/TLS, IoT, mobile, and SSH. Many of the largest organizations in the world use Venafi.
Billions of dollars have been spent protecting usernames and passwords and almost nothing protecting keys and certificates—organizations are just now realizing that protecting keys and certificates is as important as protecting usernames and passwords.
Come help us protect the World!
The anticipated pay range for this position is $162,000 to $190,000. This is a general estimate for informational purposes only. The actual salary offered will be determined based on the candidate’s relevant qualifications, experience, and skills.
*Upon review of the candidates and based on the objective factors listed above, this position may be filled at a higher or lower tier.