Sr. NPI Procurement Specialist is positioned at the interface between prototype builds and Production Release. This critical position ensures the on-time material availability for prototype builds, setting up BOMs, driving closure of material FAIs, and transfers a complete material plan to CM
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for sourcing all components per the BOM during new product development
- Manage the material sourcing transition of new products from Proto to Mass Production
- Manage end-to-end clear to build process and ensure execution of materials related ramp readiness activities at CMs
- Formal transfer of materials BOM from NPI to Mass Production (agreement between sender and receiver)
- Supports Engineering in sourcing for FAI builds
- Manage the material plan by identifying critical path, constraints, contingencies and mitigations to achieve project objectives
- Work on Production Ramp Plan using resources from Marketing, Strategic Supplier Management and Program Management
- Drive solutions to reduce and eliminate any shortages, both consigned and non consigned, during NPI Prototypes
- Provide a detailed and aggregated view of supply versus demand
- Build and maintain reports and summaries on a regular (weekly/daily) basis to support the products and business. Ensure data is accurate and on time
- Creates and maintains purchase orders.
- Coordinates quote request to suppliers
- Reviews ECOs (Engineering Change Requests) Identifies open PO liability.
- A contributing member of the MRB team for dis positioning non-conforming material.
- Processes purchase order revision requests in MRP SYSTEM and communicates with suppliers.
- Attend NPI cross functional meetings and report on all BOM items for build readiness
Preferred Education and Experience Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7+ years of experience in both a production role and an NPI procurement role with a strong knowledge of electrical component/PCB/PCBA purchasing
- Must have strong time management and multitasking skills, along with great organizational skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to negotiate effectively to obtain best prices and terms on products, materials, and services. Work directly with the various engineering groups.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline preferred.
- Top notch data management skill. Excellent in compile and analyze large data in excel.
- Good in both verbal and written communication
- Ability to work in a dynamic & ambiguous fast-paced environment
- Flexible in supporting Pacific time zone and Asia
Velodyne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age or other legally protected status.
To all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or other Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.