Velodyne lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for autonomy and driver assistance. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Velodyne is known worldwide for its portfolio of breakthrough lidar sensor technologies. Our lidar technology has revolutionized perception and autonomy for automotive, new mobility, mapping, robotics, and security applications.
Responsible for complex electro/mechanical assembly and tracking of manufacturing data. Component sub-assemblies include but are not limited to lasers/detectors, PCB, PCBA’s, mirrors, mechanical parts, & HMI interfaces. Can carefully follow assembly drawings, schematics, and procedures. Summarizes issues and findings and can provide recommendations or solutions to technical problems.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- AS degree preferred, or equivalent experience/education.
- 3-5 years’ experience preferred in assembly of electromechanical assemblies.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in product testing and electronic system integration preferred.
- At least two years of experience with laser alignment equipment preferred.
- Available for overtime and weekend work.
- Good understanding of computer systems, including MS Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow complex procedures, schematics, and drawings.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced/cross-functional deadline-driven environment.
- Safely operates hand tools, light machinery, and sharp tools.
- Knowledge of manufacturing information systems a plus.
Manual dexterity to operate small hand tools – turn micrometers, oscilloscope knobs, etc.
Be able to work standing for an extended period.
Note to all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or any Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.