Velodyne Lidar is an industry leader building smart lidar solutions for autonomy and driver assistance. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Velodyne is known worldwide for its portfolio of breakthrough lidar sensor technologies. Our lidar technology has revolutionized perception and autonomy for automotive, new mobility, mapping, robotics, and security applications.
The primary responsibilities of this role includes:
- Assembling and qualifying prototype devices per engineering design/instructions.
- Troubleshooting and providing technical feedback on mechanical/electrical assemblies.
- Supporting multiple projects in product design and development.
- Working closely with engineers to develop fixtures for testing, prototyping, and manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of Solidworks
- Machining experience at an advanced level (lathe, mill, drill press, etc.). Must be able to execute tasks independently and efficiently.
- Previous experience building test fixtures using CAD (we use Solidworks).
- Experience using 3D printers (we use Stratasys and Formlabs)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Highly self-motivated individual (seeks out work, doesn’t wait for it)
- AA or BS in an Engineering or Science discipline
- Experience using CMMs
Velodyne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age or other legally protected status.
To all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or other Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.