Velodyne Lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for autonomous vehicles, driver assistance, delivery solutions, robotics, navigation, mapping, and more. Headquartered in San Jose, California, Velodyne is known worldwide for its portfolio of breakthrough lidar sensor technologies. As a market leader, Velodyne has served more than 300 customers including nearly all the leading global automotive original equipment manufacturers.
Specific Job Description:
- Create and manage hardware project schedules with engineering teams, ODMs, and vendors
- Identify dependencies, risks and develop detailed written plans to address those
- Maintain daily detailed ongoing status update reports
- Identify technical bottlenecks and drive the teams towards rapid resolution
Required Education and Experience Requirements:
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
Preferred Education and Experience Requirement:
- High responsivity, attention to detail, and ability to quickly grasp complex technical details and personnel issues and own a holistic picture of the program.
- Demonstrated understanding of product life cycle, tools and processes, and operations planning
- Experienced with product operations, supply chain, and vendor negotiations
- Experienced in Shipping a complete Products
- Sound skills in using sophisticated software tools for charting, developing dashboards and slides
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in hardware development for consumer/industrial electronics.
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Ability to travel internationally
Velodyne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age or other legally protected status.
To all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or other Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.