Velodyne Lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for autonomy and driver assistance. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Velodyne is known worldwide for its portfolio of breakthrough lidar sensor technologies. Our lidar technology has revolutionized perception and autonomy for automotive, new mobility, mapping, robotics, and security applications. Our mass-market adoption has created new opportunities in the software space, and we are currently developing a suite of new services.
Velodyne Lidar is seeking a Sr. Quality Assurance Software Engineer for Velodyne Software team. The candidate in this role will be a part of the team responsible for ensuring the quality of our software. This will require closely working with development engineers on robotics and computer vision software to identify automation opportunities, create and support testing automation, report bugs, etc. The candidate will also be actively in sync with cross-functional teams to support testing and CI/CD pipelines of the full software stack. This role will require knowledge of agile software development and experience in writing high quality C++ and Python code and unit tests. The candidate should also have experience developing and maintaining UI testing frameworks.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Identify and improve the testing process for meeting the requirements of the system
- Write test cases and set up regression capabilities for new and existing software components
- Document test results and work with developers to recommend and execute improvements to the software stack
- Unit tests (Python and C++) and test automation (Selenium, etc.) for UI components
- Utilize and fine-tune code analyzers to perform checks on code quality, unit tests coverage, etc.
- Test early algorithms and systems offline and online with real world and simulated data
Required Education and Experience Requirements:
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or related field; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Education and Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience in industry in the area of validation, QA and software development
- Extensive experience with Python, C++, bash shell on Linux OS families, source code version management systems such as git, building applications with CMake, packaging applications for Python, running applications within Docker
- Familiarity with open-source computer vision libraries such as PCL, ROS is a big plus
- Experience with CI/CD using Jenkins is a plus
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Passionate about contributing to software used in robotics and computer vision
Velodyne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age or other legally protected status.
Note to all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or to any Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.