Velodyne Lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for autonomy and driver assistance. Our lidar technology has revolutionized perception and autonomy for automotive, new mobility, mapping, robotics, and security applications.
Velodyne Lidar is looking for a Staff Software Test Automation to augment and grow along with a talented team of FPGA, embedded software, and embedded system test engineers working on exciting new opportunities in the autonomous mobility and ADAS markets. This is a group of first strategic hires for this function, as we look to augment this function in Velodyne, India. You will be part of high cross functional team and responsible for rapid prototyping and product development at Velodyne.
As a Staff Software Test Automation at Velodyne Lidar, you will be a technical lead in the development and execution of test strategies for a new product and existing products to ensure on-time delivery without compromising the quality. You will be an important member of the Digital Systems Engineering team and our overall R&D engineering organization, collaborating daily with a highly skilled group of FPGAs, Embedded, Electrical, PCB and algorithm engineers.
This role involves ownership of well-defined product features and provides an opportunity to highlight your testing and automation skills and create a path for growth into even greater responsibility and visibility within the company.
What will we do together:
Velodyne LiDAR is leading industry in innovation. We have established industry standard for others to follow. This is a key opportunity in digital systems engineering team to develop core engines at the heart of Velodyne products.
Velodyne Lidar is growing in Bangalore as we bring autonomous mobility to the mass market. Take advantage of this opportunity to carve out a significant role in this rapidly growing industry!
What would you be working on:
- Create, and update comprehensive test plans and test strategy.
- Preparation of test cases and test reports.
- Develop and execute manual, automated test suites.
- Continuously analyse and improve regression test suites.
- Analyse the failures, identify the root cause, and report them to development teams.
- Work closely with the software and embedded software development teams.
- Implementation of test methodology and processes.
- Support complex projects to meet technology, performance, and schedule objectives.
- Work with the software, embedded software, and product management teams to understand the requirements of multiple projects.
- Communicate effectively in writing and orally, with both local and remote teams.
Skills that are required from you
- Good knowledge in C (mandatory) and C++ (nice to have).
- Experience with embedded or application software development would be a plus.
- Experience with tools like VectorCast, Tessy, Polyspace, PC-Lint, Helix QAC, RTRT.
- Experience in performing test for finding code coverage (Branch, Statement, MC/DC), Code Complexity.
- Basic knowledge in AUTOSAR or other layered software architectures.
- Awareness of ISO26262 and ASPICE.
- Knowledge of version control (Git) and continuous integration.
- Ability to thrive within compressed development schedules prioritizing time to market and manage multiple projects in parallel.
Skills and experience preferred from you
- BS, MS, or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 4-8 years of unit testing experience in embedded software or application software domain.
- Experience with automotive industry.
Note to all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or any Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.