Velodyne Lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for autonomy and driver assistance. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Velodyne is known worldwide for its portfolio of breakthrough lidar sensor technologies. Our lidar technology has revolutionized perception and autonomy for automotive, new mobility, mapping, robotics, and security applications.
We are looking for a Supply Chain Analyst responsible for leading and directly executing key strategic sourcing and procurement activities. Developing, leading, and executing process improvement. Tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
Specific job Description:
The Supply Chain Analyst uses analytical and quantitative methods to understand, predict, and enhance supply chain processes. The Supply Chain Analyst has responsibility for assembling data, analyzing performance, identifying problems, and developing recommendations which support SCM planning and operations. The Supply Chain Analyst analyzes the movement of goods through the supply pipeline, monitor current processes, identify, and analyze gaps, and develop process improvements. The Supply Chain Analyst is expected to use their skills in database management and spreadsheet analysis to help the business increase cash flows, inventory turns, and employee productivity.
Key Duties and Requirements:
- Gathers and interprets relevant data (costs, productivity, demand patterns, etc.)
- Investigates problems, finds root causes, and develops solutions
- Develops performance reports and distributes them to stakeholders
- Monitors contract compliance of carriers and other logistics service providers
- Provides analytical support for projects, new business opportunities, and proposals
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Familiar with logistics and production planning concepts
- Understand contracts and pricing
- Ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels
- Strong project management skills
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management
- Must have strong time management and multitasking skills, along with great organizational skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ERP systems (Oracle/Netsuite/SAP/Etc)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
Working conditions are normal for an office and manufacturing environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or other Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.