Velodyne Lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for autonomy and driver assistance. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Velodyne is known worldwide for its portfolio of breakthrough lidar sensor technologies. Our lidar technology has revolutionized perception and autonomy for automotive, new mobility, mapping, robotics, and security applications.
We are looking for Automotive Functional Safety engineer to help develop industry leading lidar sensor for autonomous driving. In this role, you will be working closely with hardware, software, and systems engineering teams to deliver the next generation of lidar. We are looking for a Functional Safety Manager to drive the hazards and Threat (HARA & TARA) analysis and Risk Assessment to define functional safety requirements. Our ideal candidate is someone with strong knowledge of automotive functional safety (e.g. ISO 26262) and who is creative and can think outside of the box to implement safety standards for our products and novel application. Specific responsibilities of the Automotive Functional Safety Manager role include:
Specific Job Requirements:
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional leaders to develop and implement a safety strategy, including standard (e.g. hazard analysis, DFMEA, PFMEA and FMEDA, random failure analysis, reliability prediction and other techniques per ISO 26262 guidelines) and appropriate contemporary methods for our products and application
- Lead and support internal and external functional safety compliance efforts, understanding technical details to define workflow and work products required by the ISO 26262 standard
- Perform detailed systems reliability analyses called by different categories of ASIL
- Write detailed safety requirements, including hardware and software requirements
- Transform safety requirements to Technical Safety Concepts (TSCs) and TSR for lidar.
- Drive completion of verification and validation activities, such as validation test plan including HIL, SIL, VIL.
- Actively participate in product development, quality, and reliability conversations to ensure that functional safety is a key consideration during the entire product development cycle
- Support organization in developing system-level requirements and safety strategy
- Conducting safety analysis to benchmark safety performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Working with third party partners to ensure all components used in our hardware design meet the safety goals
- Work with customers for system level integration and qualification to meet agreed safety requirements
Required Education and Experience Requirements:
- Familiarity with automotive, mechanical, optical and electrical system architectures
- Significant knowledge of systems engineering process, hardware and software design process
- Proven track record of translating and interpreting requirements from concept stage to design and production
- Experience on both inductive and deductive safety analysis.
- Familiarity with common analysis techniques such as Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (FMEA) at different phases of product development such as CFMEA, PFMEA, DFMEA.
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
Preferred Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS in an engineering discipline or relevant experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in automotive industry like Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) or autonomous driving
- Functional Safety Professional certification or similar
- Experience using FaultTree+, OpenPSA, CAFTA, Ansys Medini or similar safety analysis tools
- System modelling know how with SCADE Architect, IBM Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect, MATLAB Simulink, IPD-XML, Medini or equivalent tool
- Well versed with ReqIF format and safety requirement tools like PTC Integrity, JAMA, or DOORS or contemporary tool
- Conceiving and designing ASIL-B/C/D conforming systems and taking into volume production(or an advanced degree with equivalent experience)
- Demonstrable working knowledge of functional safety development processes needed to meet the requirements of the ISO 26262 standard or adjacent market standards such as IEC 61508.
- Cybersecurity analyzer like synopsys Defensics, Acunetix Vulnerability Scanner, Medini or similar tools
To all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or other Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.