You can't have acceleration without Velocity — personal development, positive culture, and performance recognition. We're hiring! Apply now.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading independent electronic components distributor to the world's leading contract manufacturers and OEMs. Built around the shared core values of Being amazing today, Demonstrating mutual respect and trust, Acting courageously and Owning our own outcomes, Velocity Electronics has experienced rapid growth and is looking to add to our talented global team.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant who can deliver exceptional experiences and outcomes to the Finance and Accounting department.
What will you be doing?
The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing accounting functions in order to deliver exceptional experiences and outcomes. The functions include month-end close processes, financial statement preparation, balance sheet account reconciliations, fixed asset accounting, and other responsibilities. This will include activities for the United States, Mexico and Latin America. The ideal candidate will be able to identify areas for process improvement and deliver solutions for simplification.
Your main areas of responsibility will be:
- Perform month-end close duties while ensuring adherence to internal deadlines as well as compliance with company policies and US GAAP
- Coordinate cross functionally and cross regionally to ensure proper recording of financial information including maintaining intercompany balances
- Complete sales and property tax filings as assigned
In addition, you will also be expected to:
- Preparation of timely and accurate monthly accrual basis financial statements and supporting schedules
- Perform month-end close duties including completing journal entries with appropriate documentation, performing in depth analysis of account balances, preparing account reconciliations, ensuring intercompany accounting reconciles, etc.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts to ensure the accuracy of accounts and that all transactions adhere to US GAAP as well as reflect actual activity/purpose of account
- Prepare subledger reconciliations including identification of differences and timely clearing of any identified reconciling items
- Maintain fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Monthly bank reconciliation including follow-up on old outstanding items
- Prepare payroll journal entries and ensure timely clearing of any payroll related liabilities
- Manage all correspondence and deadlines with third-party administrator in Colombia
- Compile support for corporate Federal and State income tax filings
- Support year-end external audit
- Cross train with other team members to support their workload as needed in the areas of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and expense reports
- Assist as needed in accounts payable, employee expense reports, cash disbursements and credit card spend
- Assist as needed in accounts receivable, cash application, collections, and AR Subledger review
- Provide guidance to other team members on complex accounting transactions and process flows
- Engage in critical and confidential aspects of accounting and ensure compliance with the financial procedures of the organization
- Identify ways to increase the efficiency and effectiveness within the accounting department including recommending solutions
- Special project assignments and other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Skills and Traits
- 4-year college degree in Accounting focused on US GAAP
- Advanced degree and/or active CPA license
- 3+ years of experience in general ledger accounting and financial reporting
- Experience handling sensitive, confidential issues and information
- Operational accounting / accounting services (AR, AP, etc.)
- Progressive experience in global companies of 100+ employees
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures, principles, and GAAP standards
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications, especially Excel
- Intercompany accounting
- Strong knowledge of operational accounting
- Familiar with complex ERP systems
- Payroll concepts and regulations
What will you bring to the team?
Our ideal candidate:
- Is Amazing
- Demonstrates mutual respect and trust
- Acts courageously
- Owns own outcomes / takes responsibility for own actions
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to collaborate internally and externally
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to effective manage high transaction volumes
- Ability to work independently with little assistance
- Applicants must be based in Austin,TX.
- Hybrid work schedule - work is performed in the corporate office and remotely