Align with Acceleration — it's time to join a team that puts you first. We're hiring! Learn more today.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading independent electronic components distributor to the world's leading contract manufacturers and OEMs. Built around the shared core values of Being amazing today, Demonstrating mutual respect and trust, Acting courageously and Owning our own outcomes, Velocity Electronics has experienced rapid growth and is looking to add to our talented global team. Our opportunity is massive! We offer career growth and development, and we want to talk to you!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
The Strategic Account Manager works with a portfolio of key customer accounts to facilitate sustainable, long-term business in order to deliver exceptional experiences and outcomes. You will also be expected to:
- Cultivate and maintain strategic customer relationships
- Sell to a portfolio of key accounts
- Assist in the implementation of global sales and purchasing strategies
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the structure, culture, and needs of key customers
- Manage and facilitate own individual trading, including sales, sourcing, and throughput
- Ensure customer requirements are accurately entered in Velocity's ERP system
- Consistently deliver on monthly and quarterly gross profit sales goals
- Represent and communicate Velocity's culture, values, and value proposition
- Provide immediate and reliable solutions to customer needs
- Complete detailed records of all sales data regarding contracts, quotations, and other customer interactions and annotate all customer touches in Velocity's ERP system
- Create and present periodic reports detailing customer interactions and sales/gross profit totals
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- High School Diploma or equivalent; 4-year college degree preferred
- 2+ years of sales experience in the electronic components industry
- Demonstrated expertise in sourcing, product knowledge, account management, CRM
- Computer literate; experience with complex ERP systems preferred
WHAT WILL YOU BRING TO THE TEAM?
Our ideal candidate:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Able to build rapport
- Attention to detail
- Problem solver
- Emotional control
- High endurance
- Is amazing
- Demonstrates mutual respect and trust
- Acts courageously
- Owns own outcomes
This position will be located in our Austin Office, Global Headquarters.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join an established, extremely successful business that can offer fantastic levels of personal development and remuneration. If you are a self-starter, commercially astute, well-presented, full of ideas and boundless energy combined with excellent communication skills, and want to be part of a growing, global company - apply now.