This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading independent electronics components distributor to the world's leading contract manufacturers and OEMs. Built around the shared core values of Being amazing today, Demonstrating mutual respect and trust, Acting courageously and Owning our own outcomes, Velocity Electronics has experienced rapid growth and is looking to add to our talented global team. Our opportunity is massive! We offer career growth, development, and we want to talk to you!
We are looking for a competitive, ambitious and motivated salesperson to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate will be someone who is extremely driven and keen to step up and take ownership over your own success, who believes in performance rewards and exceeding sales goals and a passion for progression.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
The Inside Sales Representative will generate business through proactive contact with current and potential customers with the aim of developing a portfolio of active accounts. You will be responsible for:
- Cultivate and maintain strong trusted relationships with sales prospects
- Sell to a portfolio of key accounts
- Assist in the implementation of global sales and purchasing strategies
- Understand prospects’ business needs and personal responsibilities/goals
- Source new sales opportunities via inbound lead follow-up, outbound cold calls and emails to build the sales pipeline
In addition to the above responsibilities, you will also be expected to:
- Manage and facilitate own individual trading
- Ensure customer requirements are accurately entered in Velocity's ERP system
- Deliver on monthly outbound phone activity goals
- Qualify valid business opportunities
- Consistently deliver on monthly and quarterly gross profit sales goals
- Represent and communicate Velocity's culture, values, and value proposition
- Provide immediate and reliable solutions to customer needs
- Complete detailed records of all sales data regarding contracts, quotations, and other customer interactions and annotate all customer touches in Velocity's ERP system
WHAT WILL YOU BRING TO THE TEAM?
Our ideal candidate:
- Smart and ambitious
- Self-motivated, adaptable and resilient
- Exceptional in their organizational skills – the ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively
- Strong phone presence
- Comfort with high-activity call and email prospecting
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communications skills
- Strong listening skills
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years sales experience in the electronics component industry required
- Able to communicate in Tamil and Hindi language (both oral and written)
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing, product knowledge, account management, CRM preferred
- Experience with complex ERP systems required
This position will be located in our Singapore Office, APAC Regional Headquarters.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join an established, extremely successful business who can offer fantastic levels of personal development and remuneration. If you are a self-starter, commercially astute, well presented, full of ideas and boundless energy combined with excellent communication skills and want to be part of a fantastic company - then please get in touch ASAP.