Velocity Electronics is now hiring! Want to join a leading global organization committed to delivering exceptional experiences and outcomes? If so - apply today.
The Shipping and Receiving Team Member processes incoming and outgoing shipments between Velocity and our Business Partners in order to deliver exceptional experience and outcomes.
Area(s) of Responsibility
- Prepare and ship orders to domestic and international destinations
- Maintain “Pre-Sold” inventory
- Prioritize orders and determine which should ship
- Organize and store “Pre-Sold” orders
- Process shipments using Velocity’s ERP and, occasionally, other means (e.g. carrier websites)
- Coordinate with Sales to resolve issues with outgoing shipments
- Handle, package, and label product according to industry standards and customer requirements
- Prepare shipping documentation, including:
- Packing lists and invoices
- Certificates of origin
- Electronic Export Information
- Ensure compliance with export regulations
Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Traits
High School diploma or equivalent required; 2-4 year college degree preferred
- Computer literate,
- Understanding of basic math with knowledge of percentages and tolerances
- ·Proficient with Microsoft Windows, productivity software (e.g. MS Office), web browsers, and internet search engines
- Basic photography and photo editing skills
- Familiar with complex ERP Systems
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective at time management
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to manage high levels of stress
- Is amazing
- Demonstrates mutual respect and trust
- Acts courageously
- Owns own outcome
- Motivated to excel
- General interest in technology, computers, electronics
The Inspection and Distribution Center is a hybrid laboratory/warehouse environment. Most work is performed in an Electrostatic Protected Area (EPA).
- Personnel must wear protective smocks and grounding footwear inside the EPA
- Traffic through the IDC includes electric lift trucks
- Some inspections involve
- X-ray equipment
- Hot surfaces
- Some products contain small amounts of toxic materials (e.g. lead-based solder)
- Close vision
- Color discrimination
- Manual dexterity: manipulation of very small items
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Working at heights up to 25 feet using ladders and man lifts
Candidate must be authorized to work in the Netherlands.
Position requires a work schedule of Monday-Friday 08.30-17.30.
Occasional overtime can be required.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply today!