Position: MBA Marketing and Growth Intern (Chief of Staff to CEO)
Role Type: Full time Summer Internship (unpaid); 3 months with option to extend
Reports to: CEO
Does the idea of planning and executing marketing and growth strategies to scale our growing purpose-fueled, data and tech-powered startup that supports companies in Transformation by Design get you jazzed? If so, this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
Vee aligns people on Purpose to unlock their individual and collective potential.
We are the people & data-science powered search and consulting firm operating at the intersection of purpose, people, and performance. An early-stage startup poised for significant growth, we’re offering consulting services and developing products to help 21st century leaders design the organizations, build the capabilities, and recruit the teams they need to accelerate transformation, innovate and grow.
Leveraging your relevant real-world experience (via full time jobs and past internships) and your MBA course work, you will support and work closely with our CEO, Marketing, Product and other teams as required on the branding, positioning, packaging and marketing of our portfolio of products and services, and potentially the go-to-market strategy for them. You’ll contribute to the evolution, operationalization and/or activation of our marketing strategies and capabilities, and brand; and evolve the marketing infrastructure and demand generation engine required to scale our business.
- Review existing inputs, including on target customers/personas to refine Vee’s marketing strategy
- As required (if we don’t have enough data), conduct market research to size and identify highest potential markets, develop decision criteria for prioritization and determine investment and allocation of time and resources to position, package and market Vee’s Consulting practice, Service and Product offering
- Research and develop analyses, profiles and POV’s for target domains, industries, sectors, companies, and their leadership teams; contribute to thought leadership and content marketing for cross-platform outreach and engagement campaigns to drive demand generation for business development
- Evolve, develop and execute strategic partnership and business development strategies and plans
- Evolve and enhance our creds and pitch decks, proposals and processes for consulting engagements, including scope review as needed
- Research, identify and synthesize relevant trends and business issues into new opportunity areas for products and services, and new revenue streams across time horizons
- Evolve existing and document new SOPs to codify best practices for Vee’s Marketing, Strategic Partnership & Business Development functions
- Collaborate with our Product, Data, Tech and People Science teams as required
- Collaborate with members of our Leadership Team (LT) on other strategic initiatives across Vee’s Lines of Business
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program with a concentration in Marketing, Management and other related, including Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Liberal Arts, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years industry experience in marketing, communications, and project management at agencies and/or consulting firms serving/working at F500 companies and/or startups
- Experience in/working on a data-driven and/or tech startup, top-tier strategy consulting firm, ideally serving clients in the Future of Mobility, Automotive & Transport, Smart Cities & Connected Homes, Real Estate, Travel & Hospitality, Consumer Electronics & Tech and Fintech space, among others
Purpose is what drives you. Your passion for your work has led you here. You are ready to combine your experience with ours to help us get further faster. You bring strong creative as well as strategic thinking skills in addition to superior communication skills, allowing you to develop creative solutions for any challenge that comes your way. You are/have/bring:
- Hungry for responsibility; work with a sense of urgency; and passionate about driving for results that will have a measurable impact on our business
- Ability to analyze and process qualitative and quantitative data quickly into valuable insights to develop a strong point of view
- Proactive and resourceful; and work well independently as well as collaboratively to stretch thinking into new ideas and creative solutions
- Presence and ability to engage with senior stakeholders and inspire confidence
- Strong organization and project management skills to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Resiliency and agility to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excited about and well suited for a startup, where you’ll be wearing several hats
- Smart and fun with an empathetic nature to add to our culture
Our founders and team have deep expertise in branding, innovation, design, I/O psychology, organization design, digital & data product development, enterprise software and application development complemented by current and past experience with clients ranging from emerging Silicon Valley unicorns to established leaders in government and the public and private sectors including American Express, BMW, Box, Clorox, Ford, HP, Lowe’s, Mastercard, McDonald’s, Microsoft, NASA, Nissan, Pepsico, Procter & Gamble, SAP and Staples, among others. For more information, check out our website at letsvee.com.
Thought Leadership (see Insights (blog) section of our website)
Read our CEO's post: Are you scaling design capability fast enough to accelerate transformation?
Listen to our CEO's interview on Mission Matters
We are only able to consider applicants who can devote 35-40 hours/week to summer and winter break internships. Part time (20 hours/week) internships may be considered for subsequent tenures.