Position: Cyber Security Intern (REMOTE)
Reports to: CTO
Are you passionate about designing a secure cloud architecture and defending systems in an age of cyber threats? Driven to stay on the cutting edge of data privacy, data lineage, and data governance? Motivated to help establish, define, and evangelize how cyber security is integral to business strategy?
Vee inspires people to align on Purpose so they can unlock their individual and collective human potential. We are an early stage startup poised for dramatic growth. We specialize in developing ways to drive greater strategic alignment to unlock enterprise innovation and growth. After spending considerable time exploring the need for better alignment models across diverse organizations, we have developed a framework and methodology based on insights from extensive research. We are building products to assess gaps and are offering our consulting services to help 21st century leaders develop and implement their organizational and people strategies, along with the capabilities required to operationalize their Purpose.
Join our fast-growing team! You will help support the business by focusing on cyber security and privacy via a blend of software development and operations expertise to optimize the risk related to Vee’s cloud operations.
- Help support the security posture of Vee in areas of access control, identity management, threat vulnerability.
- Help define Vee's roadmap to SOC2 Type 2 certification
- Takes ownership of tasks assigned, asking questions along the way, and helps drive work products to completion
- Communicate results and ideas to key stakeholders at Vee
Core Experience & Requirements
- Current or recent grad of a Masters level Cybersecurity program
- Must currently have or currently pursuing a certification in the field of Cyber Security
- CompTIA Security+
- Information Assurance
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Previous professional experience of 1+ years in cybersecurity software development, and/or data science or engineering
- Experience with AWS IAM
- Data privacy and data lineage knowledge
- Understanding of:
- Data manipulation of Indicators of Compromise (IOC’s)
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Vulnerability Management (Vulnerability Scanning and Patching)
- Information Assurance
- Multifactor Authentication
- Security Operations Center (SOC) monitoring
Purpose is what drives you. Your passion for your work has led you here. You are ready to combine your experience with ours to help our client companies gain competitive advantage. You bring strong creative thinking skills in addition to superior communication skills, allowing you to develop creative solutions for any challenge that comes your way.
- Love what you do, love to be busy, and love to produce by being organized and methodical
- Work with a sense of urgency and have a strong drive for results
- Have the resilience and agility to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Work independently as well as collaboratively to stretch thinking into creative solutions
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Are excited about and suited for a startup, where you’ll be wearing a few hats
- Are smart and fun with an empathetic nature, which will add to our culture
While this is an unpaid internship, Vee has a unique intern development program designed and led by our people science experts that begins with day one of your onboarding. Most of our interns have attained full-time roles in their field of study based on their experience with Vee at top companies: many at Amazon, as well as Aisera, American Express, Apple, Fractal Analytics, CVS Health, JPMorgan Chase, Figma, McKinsey & Company, Millennium Management , Raytheon, Synopsis and Trend Micro.
Our founders and team have deep expertise in branding, innovation, design, I/O psychology, organization design, digital & data product development, enterprise software and application development complemented by experience with clients ranging from emerging Silicon Valley unicorns to established leaders in government and the public and private sectors including American Express, Bank of America, BMW, Box, HP, Lowe’s, Mastercard, Microsoft, Nissan, Pepsico, Procter & Gamble, SAP and The Clorox Company, among others. For more information, check out our website in transition at https://www.letsvee.com/.