Position: Design Strategy Intern (REMOTE)
Reports to: CTO
Are you purpose-driven? Passionate about leading discovery in an early-stage startup environment? Intrigued with the challenge of applying human-centered design combined with the science of people and data to bring Purpose to organizations in crisis? Fascinated to uncover and solve the unique problems organizations face due to COVID-19?
Vee inspires people to align on Purpose so they can unlock their individual and collective human potential. We are an early stage startup poised for dramatic growth. We specialize in developing ways to drive greater strategic alignment to unlock enterprise innovation and growth. After spending considerable time exploring the need for better alignment models across diverse organizations, we have developed a framework and methodology based on insights from extensive research. We are building products to assess gaps and are offering our consulting services to help 21st century leaders develop and implement their organizational and people strategies, along with the capabilities required to operationalize their Purpose as they transform.
Join our fast-growing team! You will help drive intelligent, insightful, human-centered strategic value to help Vee and Vee’s clients in the realms of people, purpose, and performance. You will help Vee also unlock its own purpose.
- Empathize with people as we solve people problems in organizations - uncovering user needs and perceiving emerging user behaviors
- Understand business – helping Vee define how we can solve the biggest problems of our clients as they transform toward being purpose-driven
- Leverage technology – with a user-centered perspective, be the Voice of Humanism as we design concepts that are powered by insights from people data
- Translate insights into actionable ideas/design.
- Lead ideations sessions, prototype concepts
- Currently in or just graduated from a Masters program in User Experience Design with a focus on Design Strategy, Masters of Design Strategy
- Experience prototyping in graphics, motion, and designing with data
- Exceptional communications toolkit enhanced by storytelling to inspire our teams as you frame with user-centered rationale
- Strong collaboration skills - you partner well with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources
Purpose is what drives you. Your passion for your work has led you here. You are ready to combine your experience with ours to help our client companies gain competitive advantage. You bring strong creative thinking skills in addition to superior communication skills, allowing you to develop creative solutions for any challenge that comes your way.
- Love what you do, love to be busy, and love to produce by being organized and methodical
- Work with a sense of urgency and have a strong drive for results
- Have the resilience and agility to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Work independently as well as collaboratively to stretch thinking into creative solutions
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Are excited about and suited for a startup, where you’ll be wearing a few hats
- Are smart and fun with an empathetic nature, which will add to our culture
Our founders and team have deep expertise in branding, innovation, design, I/O psychology, organization design, digital & data product development, enterprise software and application development complemented by experience with clients ranging from emerging Silicon Valley unicorns to established leaders in government and the public and private sectors including American Express, Bank of America, BMW, Box, HP, Lowe’s, Mastercard, Microsoft, Nissan, Pepsico, Procter & Gamble, SAP and The Clorox Company, among others. For more information, check out our website in transition at https://www.letsvee.com/.