Position: Data Engineer Intern (REMOTE)
Reports to: CTO
Are you passionate about architecting data solutions and applying your engineering experience to drive business decisions? Interested in how organizations use analytics and data to innovate, grow and transform? Driven to help establish, define, and evangelize how data architecture can help drive a strategy?
Vee inspires people to align on Purpose so they can unlock their individual and collective human potential. We are an early stage startup poised for dramatic growth. We specialize in developing ways to drive greater strategic alignment to unlock enterprise innovation and growth. After spending considerable time exploring the need for better alignment models across diverse organizations, we have developed a framework and methodology based on insights from extensive research. We are building products to assess gaps and are offering our consulting services to help 21st century leaders develop and implement their organizational and people strategies, along with the capabilities required to operationalize their Purpose as they transform.
Join our fast-growing team! You will help drive business results through building a robust data engine to build business-critical, scalable, and robust data pipelines and intuitive data products that power data discovery and analysis. You will help build Vee’s data capability and data strategy.
- Help architect the foundation of Vee’s data capability
- Building a harmonized schema to feed downstream processing and natural language analysis
- The data is contained in multiple source systems which needs to be filtered as appropriate to a model that captures interoperability conditions
- Design the data flow with regard to structural soundness and robustness
- Build highly scalable data pipelines to power experiments and key business metrics
- Design a harmonized schema to feed downstream processing
- Partner with Data Scientists and the People Science team to research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis
- Devise innovative and forward-thinking solutions
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology trends
- Communicate results and ideas to key stakeholders at Vee
Core Experience & Requirements
- Software Engineering experience with proficiency in at least one high-level programming language (preferably Python).
- Strong SQL skills
- SQL-centric ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) but will consider someone from an Engineering background who is more familiar with JVM-centric ETL
- Have excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
- Knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience with AWS Data Lakes, S3, Redshift
- Data Lineage knowledge
- Familiar with or awareness of automated workflows like Airflow
Purpose is what drives you. Your passion for your work has led you here. You are ready to combine your experience with ours to help our client companies gain competitive advantage. You bring strong creative thinking skills in addition to superior communication skills, allowing you to develop creative solutions for any challenge that comes your way.
- Love what you do, love to be busy, and love to produce by being organized and methodical
- Work with a sense of urgency and have a strong drive for results
- Have the resilience and agility to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Work independently as well as collaboratively to stretch thinking into creative solutions
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Are excited about and suited for a startup, where you’ll be wearing a few hats
- Are smart and fun with an empathetic nature, which will add to our culture
Our founders and team have deep expertise in branding, innovation, design, I/O psychology, organization design, digital & data product development, enterprise software and application development complemented by experience with clients ranging from emerging Silicon Valley unicorns to established leaders in government and the public and private sectors including American Express, Bank of America, BMW, Box, HP, Lowe’s, Mastercard, Microsoft, Nissan, Pepsico, Procter & Gamble, SAP and The Clorox Company, among others. For more information, check out our website in transition at https://www.letsvee.com/.