Eager to lead UX of the full customer journey, spanning digital and physical touchpoints, of a revolutionary service?
Our client is an international, multi-billion-dollar tech powerhouse that has been inventing modern technologies and first-of-kind products that have helped generations of people around the world work, play, and live. They nurture a culture of uncompromising integrity, trust, and respect where diversity is a cornerstone of innovation and where people are encouraged to chart their destinies by exploring different opportunities for professional growth.
Our client’s human-centered design organization brings the voice of the user to every conversation to design the future of their industry. With teams in the US, Europe, and Asia, they support all segments of the company in all markets they serve. They are expanding capabilities and seeking design leaders as they scale their teams of best-in-class (UX, interaction, visual, and industrial) designers globally.
The Lead UX Designer (LUXD) will be the ultimate subject matter expert on a tight-knit and growing multidisciplinary team dedicated to a specialty service. They create impactful experiences throughout the customer journey that lead to authentic relationships with customers, and they innovate new features and services, leveraging new technologies that give insights into actual usage patterns, habits, or behaviors. Additionally, the team designs experiences across many different touchpoints – spanning both digital and physical experiences. With superior communication and navigation skills, the LUXD will act as a strong lobbyist for the best experiences that balance business and user needs, and that ultimately lead to more subscribers benefiting from and enjoying this exceptional service.
The Lead UX Designer will:
- Lead multidisciplinary project teams, including other designers, external agencies, and internal partners, on complex, strategic projects across multiple platforms
- Lead exploration workshops and other active collaborations to define and clarify requirements; lead and present at UX reviews to gather feedback and drive consensus
- Lead ideation to improve and evolve the overall customer journey, making each customer touchpoint an impactful experience; create and/or direct the creation of journey maps, service blueprints, and storyboards
- Work with Design Research to define and plan research, gather and analyze data, and present results to stakeholders
- Establish relationships of trust across the organization, influencing GxD colleagues and partners/stakeholders in Marketing, Program Management, Development/Engineering, Quality, and Support to drive alignment and progress.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced colleagues and set an example of design and development innovation and excellence
- Bring knowledge derived from previous experiences to help define best practices
What you will gain from this position:
- Establish roots and author your career path in an organization that is world renowned, stable, and facilitating societal level change
- Have a profound impact on and influence executive level stakeholders, colleagues, and partners
- Have direct access to leadership within the Design organization
- Network with leading, intelligent, multidisciplinary designers
- Expand your skillset through the creation of experiences for digital products with a large-scale member base or a high volume of users
- Hone your ability to tell and sell a story, further develop your business acumen, and unlock your full potential as a designer and transformational leader
- Mentor and guide a multidisciplinary team on diverse and strategic projects and launch successful products
- Foster a culture of innovation and collaboration; be the seed that grows the flower of a global experience design organization
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Curiosity and courage to push boundaries, question the status quo, and provide alternatives in a constructive and inspiring way
- An original thinker, able to devise clever solutions or ideas on any given topic or situation
- Patience to meet the organization and individuals where they are in their journey of understanding user-centered design and decision making
- A servant leader, who is motivated to add to the culture and community by providing mentorship and development others need to grow
- A masterful and engaging collaborator, who fosters harmony within the team to drive projects and initiatives forward
- Strong business acuity - can gain a deep understanding of business needs (and balance them with user needs)
- A clear and influential communicator and storyteller, who can balance empathy with conviction, gain trust, develop fruitful relationships, drive consensus, and motivate an organization toward change
- Agility to navigate complexity - of environments, situations, and discussions
- Results-oriented, able to provide the framework to measure success and the drive to meet objectives
- Foresight to anticipate potential speed bumps and roadblocks and pre-emptively devise solutions
- A growth mindset, thriving on challenges and seeing failure as a springboard for growth and stretching abilities
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, Human Factors Engineering, Social Sciences research, Cognitive Science or equivalent
- 10+ years overall experience
- 3+ years leading project teams
- Experience in subscription services
- Experience with marketing and promotion
- Experience in eComm like payments
- B2B experience
Candidates for this position at our client company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our client is reinventing the standard for diversity, equity, and inclusion, and is an equal opportunity employer. By valuing differences, our client engages top industry talent to drive the company’s long-term success.