We are looking for a computational biologist/biostatistician/bioinformatician to support ongoing clinical trial-based microbiome data analysis and assist in mathematical modeling and statistical analysis of biological datasets towards the development of Vedanta Biosciences’ portfolio of Live Biotherapeutic Products (LBPs) based on defined bacterial consortia. Vedanta is developing defined bacterial consortia to treat intestinal pathogen infections, cancer, allergy, and inflammatory bowel diseases. The candidate will work with members of the Systems Biology team to address clinically significant research questions, define the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) of LBPs in clinical studies, and investigate microbiota or immune biomarkers of LBP treatment and health-related phenotypic outcomes. We are looking for an individual who is independent, curious, self-motivated, excited to collaborate and an excellent communicator. The job title and level will correspond to the experience and skills of the selected candidate.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Conceptualize and perform pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) analysis of LBPs in clinical microbiome studies.
- Implement multivariate statistical models to extract associations from translational medicine, pre-clinical and clinical microbiome datasets. Curate, visualize and communicate analysis results.
- Identify biomarkers that can impact drug development decisions by mining Vedanta’s clinical datasets and using knowledge of disease biology, microbiome science, drug pharmacology, and clinical endpoints.
- Create statistical pre-processing workflows to control structural bias in microbiome data
- Develop methods for phenotype prediction using mechanistic tools and supervised machine learning.
- Study interactions among consortia member strains, the resident microbiota, and the host using dynamical models
- MS/PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, biological physics, data science or related quantitative field with 3+ years of working experience in quantitative statistical or mathematical modeling.
- 4+ years of experience in a statistical programming language, such as R or Python are required.
- Experience with quantitative statistical and informatics methods including multivariate regression, mixed effects modeling, supervised and unsupervised machine learning tools including random forest, logistic regression, genome mining, or other related methods is required.
- Analytical experience with clinical trial data is highly desirable.
- Analytical experience with microbiome and microbial community ecology datasets is highly desirable.
- Experience with building reproducible data analysis workflows is required.
- Highly organized and motivated individual. Must be a team player, able to work well in a group setting as well as independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are required.
Why join Vedanta Biosciences
Vedanta is pioneering the development of a new class of therapies based on defined bacterial consortia that act by modulating the human microbiome. Modulation of the human microbiota holds enormous promise to treat a broad range of immune and infectious diseases in ways that are completely different to existing drug classes. Breakthrough discoveries of our scientific team in the field of mucosal immunology have led to the first rationally designed drug candidates in the microbiome field.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how our discovery platform enables identification of bacterial consortia with drug-like properties and their manufacture to GMP standards.
We are harnessing the human microbiome to enable a new drug modality based on rationally defined bacterial consortia
Vedanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vedanta will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.