Vectra® is the leader in AI-driven threat detection and response for hybrid and multi-cloud enterprises.
The Vectra AI Platform delivers integrated signal across public cloud, SaaS, identity, and data center networks in a single platform. Powered by patented Attack Signal Intelligence, it empowers security teams to rapidly prioritize, investigate and respond to the most advanced cyber-attacks. With 35 patents in AI-driven threat detection and the most vendor references in MITRE D3FEND, organizations worldwide rely on the Vectra AI to move at the speed and scale of hybrid attackers. For more information, visit www.vectra.ai.
Senior UX Designer
As a Senior UX Designer, you will join our existing, highly capable multi-national design and user research team to refine and extend our platform capabilities and user experience. You will collaborate with others on the UX Team, Product Mangers, and UI and backend Engineers to lead design projects. You'll be at the forefront of our work to protect organizations from the bad guys, directly responsible for decisions that form the look, behavior, and functionality of the product. You will use your full range of skills from product design, interaction design, and visual design to create delightful experiences.
Who We Are Looking for
- You’re ready to dive head first into the fascinating technical world of cybersecurity and refine conceptually complex workflows and information architectures.
- You are practiced using iterative processes beginning with requirements and ending with customer experiences that are simple and elegant.
- You have a highly refined aesthetic sense and can both work within and expand the Vectra style guide and design system.
- You are practiced at partnering with Product Managers, Sales Engineers, UI Engineers, and other UX designers to create the design for a feature from conception to launch.
- You are open to feedback and know how to use it to your advantage.
- You know when to conform and when to push boundaries.
- You are used to creating detailed mock-ups, interaction workflows, wireframes, and prototypes to illustrate design intent and clearly communicate with internal stakeholders.
- You support every design decision you make—from the smallest text change to entire overhauls—with logical, thoughtful, and clear rationales.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a thorough grasp of user experience and interaction design
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize and manage workload to meet project deadlines
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. graphic, interaction, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in UX design, including designing and shipping web-based applications or services in either the enterprise or business markets
- Proficiency with the Figma design too
- A strong portfolio featuring examples of your best design work
- Familiarity with technical constraints and limitations in designing responsive web products and services
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships with local and remote team members
Nice to Have
- Visual design skills with the ability to create pixel perfect, aesthetically pleasing designs
- Experience with conducting contextual inquiries, analyzing telemetry, and user testing
- Experience with design sprints and task management tools like Jira
A two minute video that describes what we do at Vectra, and an article about a recent funding round:
Vectra provides a comprehensive total rewards package that supports the financial, physical, mental and overall health of our employees and their families. Compensation includes competitive base pay, incentive plan eligibility, and participation in the employee equity plan (stock options). Specific benefits offered varies by location, but commonly include health care insurance, income protection / life insurance, access to retirement savings plans, behavioral & emotional wellness services, generous time away from work, and a comprehensive employee recognition program.
Vectra is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.