Vectra® is the leader in AI-driven threat detection and response for hybrid and multi-cloud enterprises.
The Vectra Platform captures packets and logs across network, public cloud, SaaS, and identity by applying patented security-led AI to surface and prioritize threats for rapid threat response. Vectra's threat detections are powered by a deep understanding of attacker methods and problem-optimized AI algorithms. Alerts uncover attacker methods in action and are correlated across customer environments to expose real attacks. Organizations around the world rely on Vectra to see and stop threats before a breach occurs. For more information, visit www.vectra.ai.
Detecting attackers in real-time requires a high-performance suite of software that enables machine learning and statistical techniques. You will be joining a newly created team that has been tasked with detecting attackers in the cloud. This presents a unique opportunity to help shape the processes and practices of the team, as well as the technical architecture and delivery.
You will be a technical leader that will bring years of professional experience to help improve existing products and design and build new products and services. You will champion best practices and mentor younger engineers in the art of good programming. You will be an experienced voice on the team that can help shape and influence work practices whilst maintaining focus on the need to deliver customer value.
- Provide technical leadership in the design and development of best-in-class security solutions
- Ensure comprehensive testing of any solutions developed
- Optimize the design and development process, as well as general work practices, to maximize quality and customer value
- Mentor younger engineers in terms of skills and career development
- Interface with other groups including Product Management, UX, Security Research and Data Science to help customers simplify security
- 10+ years' experience designing and building complex systems/frameworks
- Expert software engineering fundamentals
- Knowledge of software design principles and leading software development practices
- Strong communication & collaboration skills
- Willingness to get things done, learn new things, take initiative and challenge existing assumptions and conventions
- Experience building and deploying to the Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience programming in python
- Experience working with ETL pipelines and data transformation
- Experience working with the GCP Cloud Logging service
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Expertise in automated testing in addition to continuous integration and deployment tools
- Knowledge of AI/Machine Learning
- Knowledge of networking and networking protocols
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity
- Knowledge of the following tools (or similar): Git, Jenkins, JIRA etc.
- S or M.S or Ph.D. in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
Our product is focused on making the world a safer and fairer place. Our global benefits program ensures that Vectra puts that same focus on our employees by providing outstanding health and wellbeing support for all our people and their families across the globe.
Our programs support our people by supporting the physical, mental and overall health of everyone and their families. Our benefits plans and programs include Health Care Benefits, access to retirement benefits plans, behavioral & wellness benefits, perks and rewards as well as generous time away from work via fully paid holidays and leaves of absence.
Vectra is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.