The Associate Director, Integrated Strategy will report to a Director, Integrated Strategy at VaynerMedia and is responsible for their assigned clients’ strategic planning and deliverables for creative, communications and attention strategies. The Associate Director, Integrated Strategy contributes to the development of our crucial perspective on the business dynamics, audience insights, attention trends, cultural and societal shifts, creative influences, connection contexts, content influences and tech innovations that converge to inform sound, holistic and powerful strategic recommendations.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- At the forefront of understanding:
- how consumers’ use of media, content and technology is evolving
- macro-cultural forces shaping and impacting consumer decisions and communications
- the shifts in consumers’ expectations of brands, experiences and content
- how the attention economy continues to evolve and the implications for clients
- Ability to:
- Input and develop strategic direction for communications plans.
- Articulate effective strategic rationale and logic flow to deliver a compelling story to client.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and strategic skills to help solve client’s business problems.
- Evaluate creative concepts and communication opportunities and provide sound feedback and/or recommendations, as appropriate.
- Bring the consumer’s world to life for creative teams and the client, through an inspiring understanding of how they live, their behaviors with respect to content, connections and media, influencers, life-stage insights, attitudes and motivations.
- Understands the importance and benefits of using qualitative and cultural mining, plus insightful synthesis of quantitative research to inform a strategic approach.
- Contribute meaningfully to the agency’s process, collaborating from insight through to implementation:
- Attending all client briefings and interrogating the brief. Writing reverse briefs.
- Understanding the category, and the trends that are affecting the category, from both a macro level of culture to a micro level of competitive brands.
- Identifying and understanding the audiences that need to be engaged with brand communications both long term and at a campaign level.
- Collaborate with creative, media and production team members in order to generate creative ideas founded in cultural insights, grounded in strategy and brought to life with an agile ‘test and learn’ approach.
- Foster collaboration amongst creative, media and production teams.
- Must demonstrate ‘extreme collaboration’ to ensure insights and strategy are adopted, internalized and executed across VaynerMedia and within Integrated Agency Teams
- Accurately represents the consumer point of view when reviewing work, leveraging this perspective when providing feedback to team and presenting to client, ultimately focused on doing the best work, founded in consumer understanding and cultural intelligence.
- Participate and present in New Business efforts and presentations, when required.
- You are honing your management skills and you foster a culture of empathy and partnership across the team at all times.
- Develops trust, motivates and mentors teams. Partners with department leads to optimize collaborative processes; fosters culture of empathy and partnership especially in times when the need to discuss challenges arise.
- Input to the strategic development of client presentations and other important communication; delivering clear, compelling and persuasive communications to all stakeholders.
- Adapt communication style to relevant stakeholder audience, which can vary from creatives through to senior business executives.
- 4+ years experience with strategically building brands at a top agency, working for Fortune 500 clients - must have experience understanding the intersection of business strategy, consumer insights and digital behavior in grounding big, purposeful ideas.
- Familiarity with, and proven ability to capably review qualitative and quantitative research plus behavioral data to surface and interpret distinctive and differentiating insights.
- Proven ability to interact with and influence people, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork and collaborative results.
- Strategic thinking ability with balanced analytical and creative approach to integrated marketing planning.
- Understanding of multiple channels for communications and connections, and their role in brand and content marketing.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative in identifying opportunities, discerning a clear path forward and acting upon them swiftly.