Associate Director, Integrated Strategy
New York, NY
Hello! Where have you been hiding? We’re looking for diverse thinkers, tinkerers and strategic culture hackers to join our team. More specifically, we are seeking a Director, Integrated Strategy. Our team is collectively redefining and modernizing the way our clients harness cultural intelligence, develop brand strategy, plan for attention and weaponize (not simplify) the complexities of digital media.
You are: analytical, strategic, self-motivated, extremely collaborative and communicative, and insatiably curious about people, culture, communications and connections. You’re an ambidextrous ‘full-stack’ strategist - equally comfortable talking and thinking about creative and content strategy, the role for brand experience design, media implications and the new ‘rules’ for building brands in 2019 (and beyond). You like to dig into the insights and surface the most interesting things often hidden from sight. You can facilitate a killer workshop. You build persuasive narratives with strategic rationale and logic flow, and deliver them with passion and conviction.
The team is: hyper-collaborative, agile and built from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We value insight-fueled creativity, cultural anthropology, empathy and emotional intelligence in the way we build strategy. We appreciate the nuances of the new behaviors that define ‘attention’ and seek to understand motivations for behaviors in their full context. At our core, we are all culture hackers.
VaynerMedia is: Our entrepreneurship DNA runs deep. We’re willing to break rules, try new things, and test hypotheses if it means better understanding our craft. Think ‘strategic playground’, and not ‘agency’.
We can’t wait to meet you.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field.
- 8+ years experience with strategically building brands and delivering communications strategy at a top agency, working for Fortune 500 clients - must have experience understanding the intersection of business strategy, consumer insights and digital behavior in grounding big, purposeful ideas.
- Familiarity with, and ability to capably review qualitative and quantitative research plus behavioral data to draw and interpret insights.
- Proven ability to interact with and influence people at all levels of an organization, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork and collaborative results; able to deliver clear, compelling and persuasive communications.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and strategic skills to help solve client’s business problems by using a balance and creative approach to integrated marketing planning.
- Experience in successfully bringing together people from different disciplines, including collaborating with internal and external teams to achieve desired outcomes.
- Understanding of multiple channels for communications and connections, and their role in brand and content marketing.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative in identifying opportunities, discerning a clear path forward and acting upon them swiftly.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE OR CHARACTER TRAITS
- Entrepreneurial / intra-preneurial spirit, a change-agent who inspires strategic outcomes through influence, collaboration and organizational culture.
- Experience with multiple strategic disciplines; brand strategy, experiential planning, creative strategy, communications or digital planning.