Group Creative Director - Los Angeles
At VaynerMedia, we’re lucky that everyone within our walls thinks creatively, shares a passion for building communities, and understands the world of both big campaigns and social content. Our Group Creative Directors will help grow the work and push it to it’s highest quality, foster the collaborative work environment we love and win/drive new business for some of the industry’s largest clients. They will also manage the career paths of their assigned CDs and ACDs, and come in to help guide the creative direction for their work as needed.
Who are you?
The GCD is the creative lead of several lines of business in collaboration with the Account Strategy SVP or VP. They are responsible for partnering to drive the business and win new clients as opportunities come up. With this task, being a super strong creative strategist is key, and being an impeccable presenter is a must.. The GCD must be both a seasoned creative visionary and sales person, with the intention to train this down as you continue to grow your team’s potential. The GCD must also love managing and fostering the growth of the large teams assigned to them. In conjunction with the ECD and cross- company leadership, the GCD will also have a say in optimizing our creative output, ideating on process, building out capabilities, and proactively trying to make this company a positive and inspirational workplace.
If this sounds like you, let's talk!
- A seasoned professional with extensive experience in a client-facing leadership role.
- Solid management experience; leading large teams (and liking it!)
- A passion and talent for big-idea thinking - and telling stories - while understanding the nuances of the social media space. You don’t need social-only experience, but some is needed and a passion for it is an absolute must.
- What we want most is for the GCD to help catch that big idea and teach the art of translating this down to tangible executions.
- A strong knowledge and history working in the field, with expertise in the following areas—social content creation, video creation/TVC, user-centered creative thinking, digital marketing, and and understanding drive towards learning all things emerging tech and media to keep us on our game.
- An expert ability to provide clear creative direction in a timely manner, and an understanding of how to scale and prioritize your time between team and business needs.
- The desire to work with leadership to properly get projects and process off the ground.
- Assist in developing company wide creative processes; including voice and content workshops, brief sessions, high priority brainstorms, emerging technology and social opportunities, and innovating on campaign work.
- Support ECD and leadership in hiring and staffing plans.
- Work with ECD to proactively pitch our clients great campaigns without ask, and finding collaborative ways to optimize our internal ideation/inspiration sessions to keep people challenged.
- Proven leadership skills, and a passion for mentorship and management.
- ZERO ego. This is a collaborative work environment and that needs to be recognized and respected.
- Top notch pitch and presentation skills are a must.
- Act as a partner to senior leadership, including the Executive Creative Director and C-level stakeholders, ensuring that work is outstanding creatively and meets all brand objectives, while providing clear support and communication to the senior team on all current initiatives.
- Be flexible with and open to new processes, platform changes, and emerging technologies.
PLEASE SUBMIT BOTH PORTFOLIO AND RESUME.