VaynerMedia is obsessed with marketing for the moment we live in. We have an insatiable desire to help brands navigate the ever-changing waters of digital marketing and emerging technologies as we redefine the industry.
We’re looking for a Media Planner to help support + lead this work. The Media Planner will support leading the planning team to provide a strategic and innovative direction to their clients and team, in turn, strengthening client & partner agency relationships. In addition, the Media Planner will support leading collaboration with cross-departmental teams, while growing and learnings from their own team. The Media Planner will be a key force in driving planning ideation, media-execution, and media-led creative in the digital space.
How would you answer these questions? It should help determine if we’re the type of company for you!
- Are you the first in your crew to download + grab your OG username on new social platforms?
- Are you obsessed + stay attuned with Snapchat’s newest ad units?
- Agree that in order to be successful in today’s work streams, you’ve got to be amazing at both “Strategy” and “Client Services”? (C’mon… it’s 2018! Doing both is the most fun and challenging)
- Are you tired of the revolving door of agencies, with people coming and going in year-long increments? Do you agree that company culture is better represented by the family environment a place brings on a daily basis, and less about the dress code and open bar happy hours? (don’t get us wrong, we love jeans, and a cold beer from time to time…)
- Are you looking to learn from not only those above you, but those around you in a truly collaborative and innovative environment?
- Do you have a passion for food, exercise, music… heck, even stamp collecting, or anything else outside of work? Something that you not only love, but love sharing with others?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, we’re chomping at the bit to meet you!
The task at hand (AKA the role & responsibilities)
Leadership + Strategic Thinking
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor Planning teams in VaynerMedia's commitment to providing best-in-class social & digital marketing counsel, while contributing to the career growth of your team members. You will communicate directly into a Supervisor, Director or VP, overseeing several client “brand families”, while managing and motivating a team of Associates + Assistants that are typically managing 2-4 brands.
- Develop and deliver flawless media plans derived from industry insights and expertise.
- Eat, breath, and sleep today’s digital & mobile consumer, to develop brand-specific strategies that, ultimately, help them sell shit (that’s why we love digital marketing, after all!).
- Contribute to the continued growth and stability of VaynerMedia, by being empowered to make decisions that are best for the company both today and tomorrow
- Develop agency point of views on media opportunities for submission to the client
Comms/Media Planning Responsibilities:
- Key kriver for media plan output timeliness, accuracy, and innovation
- Work with the Supervisor to develop + deploy the RFP for the best possible plan for the communications idea
- Ensure the plan extends beyond paid through the integration (and quantification) of paid, owned, + earned channels
- With direction from your Supervisor and Associate Director, you take the strategic plan pillars and ideas to flawlessly create a consumer journey that encomasses all communication strategies.
- Demonstrate ability to utilize resources to help guide client’s marketing goals in their respective markets (syndicated, proprietary, analyst data)
- Understand and adopt new techniques and technologies that are relevant for clients’ media strategies
- Work as in-house media strategy expert for all channels including emerging and digital media. Stay up to date on media landscape and constantly seek out innovative partners/platforms to identify new opportunities.
- Be well versed in the various Paid Media and Measurement opportunities in social, digital, and broader marketing mix, to provide client recommendations on the proper social & digital KPIs, based on brand-specific goals. A working knowledge of all major social platform native ad platforms as well as Google AdWords and Doubleclick suite.
Communication + Collaboration: You know how to wrangle
- Manage (with a calm and cool demeanor!) the expectations of clients and deliverables to Associates + Assistants
- Foster strong relationships and collaboration with cross-discipline teams internally that include Creative, Project Management, Media, and Analytics -- from initial brief and brainstorm, to campaign execution and measurement
- Act as the client’s partner in representing their point of view internally and when reviewing work - leverage this perspective when providing feedback to team and presenting to client
- Demonstrate deep understanding of the VaynerMedia philosophy, values positioning and services and ability to sell VaynerMedia and all its offerings (beyond Media)
- Develop relationships with media network; continue to develop platform, publisher, and brand relationships outside the walls of Vayner
- Collaborate with the leaders of other departments (Analytics, Creative, Production, Strategy) to improve and execute on client deliverables, process, and output
The ideal candidate has:
- A Bachelor's degree or Entrepreneurial street creds and experience executing Digital programs and investments meeting/exceeding both client and agency objective & goals (minimum 3+ years of industry related experience)
- Strong written, presentation, and communication skills
- Experience managing the executional side of media, buying/planning across Facebook, Google, or Amazon
- A proven understanding in brand strategy, as well as the social/digital space and how it integrates with the wider marketing mix for Fortune 500 size brands
- Strategic understanding of traditional, digital, and social-specific media planning & buying, along with the proper metrics of success and measurement opportunities
- Experience leading and managing growing teams of at least 2 people
- An infectious smile, upbeat demeanor, and warm personality that contributes to an already ridiculously-strong company culture