VaynerMedia is a digital shop that focuses on storytelling across social and digital platforms. Starting from entrepreneurial roots, our culture reflects that as we form nimble, collaborative teams. We keep creative, strategy and media buying all under one roof, which enables us to build and execute sophisticated digital experiences. As a people-first agency, we understand the importance of the consumer and their relationship with brands across the digital space and through every project, we strive to create experiences that engage, inspire and re-inspire with every return visit.
We believe in marketing to consumers based on the year we live in, which means that in 2017, as a Full-Service Digital Agency, we are executing campaigns spanning across digital touch points; building web presences (including eCommerce websites) and integrating with smart products such as Amazon Alexa and Facebook Bots.
Who are you?
As a Director of Strategy and Visual Experience Design, you will be driving the growth and direction of VaynerMedia's quickly growing UX team. You'll work closely with our UX team of designers & strategists as well as collaborating frequently with VaynerMedia's creative, technology, and "smart products" teams. Our UX team is responsible for creating beautiful and intuitive solutions, bettering the design and usability of VaynerMedia’s social and digital tactics and guiding user-centered methodologies across a range of VaynerMedia social and digital tactics from research, strategy, design and testing.
The task at hand?
- Conceptualize interfaces, visualize digital experiences or applications, and understand how each touchpoint is connected to the full user experience
- Collaborate with client and internal teams to understand their concepts, assets and components, the strategy, the user flow, navigation and user experience, and design high-level interaction
- Translate business requirements, end user needs and input from cross-functional teams into differentiated design solutions
- Guide growth of UX team at VaynerMedia including structure, hiring, and capabilities
- Develop and mentor more junior members of the UX team
- Leverage design thinking process across various project sizes and timelines
- Stay current on emerging industry trends and the competitive landscape to provide insight on ways to improve visual design, usability and website functionality and holistic experiences
- Represent the UX discipline in pitches and internal meetings
- Conduct user testing and qualitative sessions to improve engagement, usability and affinity
The ideal candidate has:
- 7 or more years of experience in the industry
- Passion for user experience, interaction design, service design and information architecture
- Excellent creative, analytical and process-oriented skills, as well as verbal and written skills
- Ability to build working relationships across Creative and Technology/Development teams in a collaborative, dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Omnigraffle, Invision or other tools
- Ability to wireframe or design user interfaces from existing wireframes
- Strong knowledge of site design and usability principles, issues, and techniques
- Previous experience designing complex websites and multi-platform experiences
- Passion for team building & mentorship
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to analyze customer needs and define strategies for meeting them
- Ability to present work and rationale for internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required