Human Resources Internship - Summer 2017
VaynerMedia is a social media-first digital agency that helps Fortune 500 companies tell their stories. Our expertise in strategy, creative, photo and video production, and ad buying yields work that drives actual business results. With offices in New York, London, Los Angeles, and Chattanooga, TN, we market for the year we live in, we live and breathe emerging technology, and we are always growing. Our clients span various industries including consumer-packaged goods, retail, publishing, sports & entertainment.
VaynerMedia helps brands best leverage online platforms to build engaged communities that support their online marketing endeavors. We work with companies in various industries including consumer-packaged goods, retail, publishing, sports & entertainment.
VaynerMedia interns live for the hustle. They're the type that want to build their own company one day, and won't stop until they get there. They're the next generation of marketing leaders, and we treat them as such.
Who are you?
You're a college junior or senior, a grad student or recent graduate, who's trying to kickstart a career in digital/social/tech. You want to play a key role in Human Resources processes: recruiting, employee/employer relations, employee benefits and programs, policies, and procedures. You're interested in a paid internship that'll have you touching multiple parts of our business and hustling for some of the world's biggest brands.
The task at hand:
Through a comprehensive rotation of duties, you will have the opportunity to gain a full breadth of experience by working as an integrated member of the Recruiting and HR team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support recruitment initiatives focused on identifying top talent, creating an engaging candidate experience and providing exceptional customer service
- Create a positive, end-to-end candidate experience from application to onboarding to include supporting the components involved in full lifecycle recruiting
- Maintain accuracy of the applicant tracking system (ATS) for reporting and compliance. Maintain accurate and well-ordered documentation on all candidates, searches and other recruiting activities
- Schedule candidate interviews
- Assist with a variety of Human Resource support functions including: new employee orientation, on-boarding, data entry, general office support, file maintenance and special projects
- Assist HR staff with coordination of new hire orientation and materials
- Support HR department with clerical duties and routine processes
- Coordinate special projects on an ad-hoc basis
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related fields from an accredited institution preferred.
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint) is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to problem solve
- Customer service orientation and a “can do” attitude
- Master at managing multiple tasks
- Proven ability to be a team player
- Attention to detail
The ideal candidate:
- Must be able to bring own laptop to work
- Has strong communication, writing, organizational and grammar skills
- Possesses a hunger to learn and be mentored by professionals
- Loves all things digital and understands relevant social media platforms
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner
- Can commit to working at least 35 hours per week
This ten week program will run from Monday, June 5, 2017 through Friday, August 10, 2017